Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com> on 2010/03/14 23:56:51 UTC

RE: Question on Linux Tomcat Apache Server and Port Redirection for a robotics site

> From: Melanie [mailto:melanie.vida@gmail.com]
> Subject: Question on Linux Tomcat Apache Server and Port Redirection
> for a robotics site

You don't bother to mention what your current port 80 web server is, not what version of Tomcat you're using.  The links below presume you're using httpd and the current version of Tomcat.

> I found one site that gives some ideas on how to do it -->
> http://rimuhosting.com/mod_jk2_and_mod_proxy_ajp.jsp#mod_proxy

mod_jk2 hasn't been supported in several years; don't even think about using it.

For proper instructions, read this first:
http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/FAQ/Connectors

If you need it, the full doc is here:
http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/

 - Chuck

RE: Question on Linux Tomcat Apache Server and Port Redirection for a robotics site

Posted by Todd Hicks <el...@hotmail.com>.
Melanie,
Try a precompiled binary: http://www.apache.org/dist/tomcat/tomcat-connectors/jk/binaries/linux/jk-1.2.28/

Posted by Melanie <me...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Todd Hicks <el...@hotmail.com>.
That's why I suggested mod_jk.

Posted by Melanie <me...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.

Posted by Melanie <me...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

The version of Tomcat is 5.5.

As far as the other question on what is my current port 80 web server is? I
don't understand the question exactly.

It is a virtual dedicated server.

-Melanie

On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 6:56 PM, Caldarale, Charles R <