Posted to dev@oozie.apache.org by Robert Kanter <rk...@cloudera.com> on 2014/05/12 06:25:37 UTC

What are the plans for an Oozie 4.1.0 release?

Hi everyone,

Should we start thinking about a 4.1.0 release?  It's been a while since
4.0.0 (4.0.1 was to fix some critical things like not being able to
compile) and I think we have about 200 additional JIRAs in master.

Are there any specific features that we'd want to put in 4.1.0 and wait
for?

Another thing to keep in mind is that we can't just take everything in
master; I forget what exactly, but there's some JIRAs that change the
database that we'll have to save for 5.0.0.

Does anybody want to volunteer to drive the 4.1.0 release?

thanks
- Robert

Re: What are the plans for an Oozie 4.1.0 release?

Posted by bowen zhang <bo...@yahoo.com>.
For backward compatibility, we need to resolve https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OOZIE-1789 for this release since this is about sharelib installation.

On Friday, May 16, 2014 3:58 PM, Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com> wrote:

the fact that other projects stay un the minor version to 'allow' incompat changes whenever they want, well it is a matter of those projects and their communities.

i'm proud that oozie has a great track of record in that front, including among (yes among, not only between) major versions. and we should keep it that way.

regarding db schema upgrades, until now we were saying that it should be only in major upgrades.  given the fact that the dbtools manages upgrades in a very unpainful way, and this has happened for a while now, i think it should be fine for a minor release to require a dbtool run. we just have to make sure this is documented, and that if the db has not been upgraded the new oozie does not start (which i think it is already happening)

thx

Alejandro
(phone typing)

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com>.