Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by Great Info <gu...@gmail.com> on 2021/02/13 17:59:21 UTC

reverse proxy for zeppelin

Is there anything specific configuration required if we want to run
websocket behind reverse proxy?

I have reverse http proxy but zeppelin runs on websocket, so currently I am
not able to support websocket, I am using spring-boot-zuul for reverse
proxy.

Regards
Great

Re: reverse proxy for zeppelin

Posted by Sam Nicholson <sa...@ogt11.com>.
I use nginx, so this may not fit your proxy.
But I highly recommend nginx.

Anyway, here is my reverse proxy stanza for zeppelin.

server_name  zeppelin.external;
        ssl_certificate /etc/certs/zeppelin.external/fullchain.pem;
        ssl_certificate_key /etc/certs/zeppelin.external/privkey.pem;
        location / {
            proxy_pass       http://zeppelin.internal:8800;
            proxy_set_header Host            $host;
            proxy_set_header X-Real-IP       $proxy_protocol_addr;
            proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For $proxy_protocol_addr;
        }
        location /ws {
            proxy_pass       http://zeppelin.internal:8800;
            proxy_set_header Host            $host;
            proxy_set_header X-Real-IP       $proxy_protocol_addr;
            proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For $proxy_protocol_addr;
            proxy_http_version 1.1;
            proxy_set_header Upgrade websocket;
            proxy_set_header Connection upgrade;
            proxy_read_timeout 86400;
        }

"internal" and "external" are my domain shortcuts in /etc/hosts, you can
use IP addresses or FQDNs or whatever fits your style there.  And I run
zeppelin at port 8800.  My nginx is a central proxy gateway for many
webservers.

Hope this helps
-sam