Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Alessandro Marcellini <am...@tiscalinet.it> on 2002/07/29 16:21:49 UTC

Transforming Big XML Files

Hi all,
I've a problem transforming big xml Files with Xalan or Saxon.
I'm using Cocoon2.0.3 with tomcat3.3a on a Red Hat 7.2.
So, using Xalan, C2 throws an exception (No more DTM available .... Known
problem of Xalan)
using Saxon C2 throws this strange exception:
Original exception : java.lang.ClassCastException: com.icl.saxon.Controller
at
org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl.newTransformerHandler(TransformerFactoryImpl.java:670)

at
org.apache.cocoon.components.xslt.XSLTProcessorImpl.getTransformerHandler(XSLTProcessorImpl.java:282)

at
org.apache.cocoon.components.xslt.XSLTProcessorImpl.getTransformerHandler(XSLTProcessorImpl.java:239)

at
org.apache.cocoon.transformation.TraxTransformer.setup(TraxTransformer.java:298)

at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.AbstractEventPipeline.setupPipeline(AbstractEventPipeline.java:215)

at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.CachingEventPipeline.setup(CachingEventPipeline.java:278)

at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.CachingEventPipeline.generateKey(CachingEventPipeline.java:141)

at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.CachingStreamPipeline.process(CachingStreamPipeline.java:317)

at
org.apache.cocoon.www.pubit.sitemap_xmap.matchN4000ED(/opt/tomcat-3.3a/work/DEFAULT/cocoon/cocoon-files/org/apache/cocoon/www/pubit/sitemap_xmap.java:1473)

at
org.apache.cocoon.www.pubit.sitemap_xmap.process(/opt/tomcat-3.3a/work/DEFAULT/cocoon/cocoon-files/org/apache/cocoon/www/pubit/sitemap_xmap.java:512)

at
org.apache.cocoon.www.pubit.sitemap_xmap.process(/opt/tomcat-3.3a/work/DEFAULT/cocoon/cocoon-files/org/apache/cocoon/www/pubit/sitemap_xmap.java:393)

at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Handler.process(Handler.java:224)
at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Manager.invoke(Manager.java:179)
at
org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap.matchN4009B2(/opt/tomcat-3.3a/work/DEFAULT/cocoon/cocoon-files/org/apache/cocoon/www/sitemap_xmap.java:11783)

at
org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap.process(/opt/tomcat-3.3a/work/DEFAULT/cocoon/cocoon-files/org/apache/cocoon/www/sitemap_xmap.java:3900)

at
org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap.process(/opt/tomcat-3.3a/work/DEFAULT/cocoon/cocoon-files/org/apache/cocoon/www/sitemap_xmap.java:3148)

at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Handler.process(Handler.java:224)
at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Manager.invoke(Manager.java:179)
at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.SitemapManager.process(SitemapManager.java:154)
at org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service(CocoonServlet.java:999)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java)
at org.apache.tomcat.facade.ServletHandler.doService(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.service(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.tomcat.facade.ServletHandler.service(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.tomcat.modules.server.Ajp12Interceptor.processConnection(Unknown
Source)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(Unknown
Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

So, what can I do?
I've to give up to transform big xml files?
(Note that there are no problems transforming this files using Xalan or Saxon
but commandline!!)

Bye & thanks

    Alessandro

Re: Transforming Big XML Files

Posted by Alessandro Marcellini <am...@tiscalinet.it>.
Thank you very mutch for your suggestions!!

But I think I'm not so skilled in java programming to be able to find the
bug!

Thank's again
    Alessandro

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.