Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by mers <em...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/19 10:39:36 UTC

BrokerService configuration ignored.

Hi,

I'm trying to create a broker programmatically. The broker will then receive
connections using vm://test connection strings from message producers and
consumers in the same JVM. However, my settings are being ignored.

My code in its entirety is simply:

	import org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService;

	public class Testing {

			BrokerService broker = new BrokerService();
			broker.addConnector("tcp://localhost:61616");
			broker.setBrokerName("test");
			broker.setPersistent(false);
			broker.setUseJmx(false);
			broker.start();
		}
	}

When I check my log4j log file, I see lines like this

[19/01/2007 10:15:11] INFO   Database driver recognized:
[apache_derby_embedded_jdbc_driver] (JDBCPersistenceAdapter)
[19/01/2007 10:15:12] DEBUG  Executing SQL: CREATE TABLE ACTIVEMQ_MSGS(ID
INTEGER NOT NULL, CONTAINER VARCHAR(250), MSGID_PROD VARCHAR(250), MSGID_SEQ
INTEGER, EXPIRATION BIGINT, MSG BLOB, PRIMARY KEY ( ID ) )
(DefaultJDBCAdapter)

and

[19/01/2007 10:15:13] DEBUG  Failed to create local registry
(ManagementContext)
java.rmi.server.ExportException: internal error: ObjID already in use

Why is the broker trying to start persistence and JMX when I explicitly told
the BrokerService to disable both in my code? Am I doing something wrong or
missing something?

Any help would be appreciated,
Thanks,
Emerson

Re: BrokerService configuration ignored.

Posted by mers <em...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, that fixed it. This should really be documented somewhere.

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
Try moving the addConnector() method to just before the broker.start()
- older versions of ActiveMQ would kinda boot up the broker when you
tried adding connectors

On 1/19/07, mers <em...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to create a broker programmatically. The broker will then receive
> connections using vm://test connection strings from message producers and
> consumers in the same JVM. However, my settings are being ignored.
>
> My code in its entirety is simply:
>

>         import org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService;
>
>         public class Testing {
>
>                 public static void main(String[] args) throws Exception {
>
>                         BrokerService broker = new BrokerService();
>                         broker.addConnector("tcp://localhost:61616");
>                         broker.setBrokerName("test");
>                         broker.setPersistent(false);
>                         broker.setUseJmx(false);
>                         broker.start();
>                 }
>         }
>

> When I check my log4j log file, I see lines like this
>
> [19/01/2007 10:15:11] INFO   Database driver recognized:
> [apache_derby_embedded_jdbc_driver] (JDBCPersistenceAdapter)
> [19/01/2007 10:15:12] DEBUG  Executing SQL: CREATE TABLE ACTIVEMQ_MSGS(ID
> INTEGER NOT NULL, CONTAINER VARCHAR(250), MSGID_PROD VARCHAR(250), MSGID_SEQ
> INTEGER, EXPIRATION BIGINT, MSG BLOB, PRIMARY KEY ( ID ) )
> (DefaultJDBCAdapter)
>
> and
>
> [19/01/2007 10:15:13] DEBUG  Failed to create local registry
> (ManagementContext)
> java.rmi.server.ExportException: internal error: ObjID already in use
>

> Why is the broker trying to start persistence and JMX when I explicitly told
> the BrokerService to disable both in my code? Am I doing something wrong or
> missing something?
>
> Any help would be appreciated,
> Thanks,
> Emerson