Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jeff Mutonho <ej...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/16 13:48:31 UTC

IBM custom project

Hi

I have a custom IBM project with ejbs ( for the 2.1 spec).I've followed
steps outlined at Peter Pilgrim's blog
(http://www.jroller.com/peter_pilgrim/entry/battling_with_maven_2_integrating
) and everything seems in order. However when the maven-antrun-plugin is
failing with an error message I'm failing to understand how it's coming
about.The error message says:

[INFO] Error executing ant tasks

Embedded error: C:\devenv\automation\BankComponent\BankComponentEJB\null\lib
not found.
[INFO]

Have you guys successfully built and deployed an IBM Websphere  6  J2EE
project with  EJBs (2.1) ?

--

"Don't take the name of root in vain."

Jeff  Mutonho
Cape Town
South Africa

GoogleTalk : ejbengine
Skype        : ejbengine
Registered Linux user number 366042

Re: IBM custom project

Posted by Jeff Mutonho <ej...@gmail.com>.
I've added the following to my <tasks>
<property name="compile_classpath" refid="maven.compile.classpath"/>
<echo message="compile classpath: ${compile_classpath}"/>

and running this yields :

[INFO] [antrun:run {execution: default}]
[INFO] Executing tasks
     [echo] compile classpath: null

Could this be the source of the problem? Why isnt my
maven.compile.classpathresolving to "null" ?

Re: IBM custom project

Posted by Jeff Mutonho <ej...@gmail.com>.
On Jan 17, 2008 4:20 PM, Stephen Coy <st...@resolvesw.com> wrote:

> > On Jan 17, 2008 2:47 PM, Stephen Coy <st...@resolvesw.com> wrote:
> >

>    <!-- This is from my Mac at home, whereas I have to use Windows at
> work -->
>     <profile>
>       <id>default</id>
>       <activation>
>        <activeByDefault>true</activeByDefault>
>       </activation>
>       <properties>
>         <was-home>/Users/steve/servers/IBM/Websphere/AppServer</was-
> home>
>       </properties>
>     </profile>
> </profiles>
> >
> > </settings>

Thanks.On the Windows platform  , the plugin seems to battle with directory
names that have spaces in them.On my work machine , I'm using the RAD 6 and
my executable is pointing to "C:\Program
Files\IBM\Rational\SDP\6.0\runtimes\base_v6\bin\wsdeploy.bat"
which the  plugin doesn't seem to like very much , complaining that :

[INFO] [exec:exec {execution: BankComponentEJB}]
[DEBUG] executable "C:\Program
Files\IBM\Rational\SDP\6.0\runtimes\base_v6\bin\wsdeploy.bat" not found in
place, assuming it is in the PATH.
[INFO] 'C:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
[INFO] operable program or batch file.

Re: IBM custom project

Posted by Daniele De Francesco <dd...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
just a question: what version of WAS have installed? And: have you ever
fixed your WAS installation?

I had a similar problem with WAS v6.1 until I didn't install the fixpack
6.1.0.7 that solved my specific problem. So if you never ever patched  WAS
come on and join the club!! :-((

Cheers
Daniele

Re: IBM custom project

Posted by Stephen Coy <st...@resolvesw.com>.
On 18/01/2008, at 12:15 AM, Jeff Mutonho wrote:

> Hi Steve
>
> I decided to take this off the list as it may be very trivial.Thanks
> for
> responding to my post.

I think that was a failure! Anyway, it all finishes up in Google
anyway and possibly helps someone else.

> On Jan 17, 2008 2:47 PM, Stephen Coy <st...@resolvesw.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Note:
>> 1. ${was-home} is a property set in the user's settings.xml to suit
>>
> May I see how you set this in your  settings.xml ? My settings.xml
> looks as
> follows :
>
> <settings>
>  <proxies>
>   <proxy>
>      <active>true</active>
>      <protocol>http</protocol>
>      <host>cache.sanlam.co.za</host>
>      <port>8080</port>
>      <username>e927273</username>
>      <password>younix@youwc4</password>
>    </proxy>
>  </proxies>
  <profiles>

Re: IBM custom project

Posted by Jeff Mutonho <ej...@gmail.com>.
Hi Steve

Re: IBM custom project

Posted by Stephen Coy <st...@resolvesw.com>.
Hi,

Here is how we invoke the WAS WSDL2Java tool for generating web
services. I'm sure that you can use a similar strategy for ejbdeploy:

       <plugin>
         <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
         <artifactId>exec-maven-plugin</artifactId>
         <executions>
           <execution>
             <id>MyWebServiceWSDL2Java</id>
             <goals>
               <goal>exec</goal>
             </goals>
             <phase>generate-sources</phase>
             <configuration>
               <executable>${was-home}\bin\WSDL2Java</executable>
               <arguments>
                 <argument>-role</argument>
                 <argument>server</argument>
                 <argument>-container</argument>
                 <argument>web</argument>
                 <argument>-deployScope</argument>
                 <argument>Application</argument>
                 <argument>-introspect</argument>
                 <argument>-genJava</argument>
                 <argument>IfNotExists</argument>
                 <argument>-javaSearch</argument>
                 <argument>Both</argument>
                 <argument>-NStoPkg</argument>
                 <argument>ns://resolvesw.com/MyApp/MyService/
V1=com.resolvesw.myapp.myservice</argument>
                 <argument>-o</argument>
                 <argument>${project.build.directory}/myservice-src</
argument>
                 <argument>-classpath</argument>
                 <classpath />
                 <argument>file:///${basedir}/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/
wsdl/MyWebService.wsdl</argument>
               </arguments>
             </configuration>
           </execution>
         </executions>
       </plugin>

Note:
1. ${was-home} is a property set in the user's settings.xml to suit
their particular environment.
2. See the <classpath/> element?
3. You will probably need to run ejbdeploy in the package phase.

You're not alone in WAS land!

Cheers.

Steve Coy

Re: IBM custom project

Posted by Jeff Mutonho <ej...@gmail.com>.

Re: IBM custom project

Posted by Jeff Mutonho <ej...@gmail.com>.
On Jan 16, 2008 2:48 PM, Jeff Mutonho <ej...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have a custom IBM project with ejbs ( for the 2.1 spec).I've followed
> steps outlined at Peter Pilgrim's blog (http://www.jroller.com/peter_pilgrim/entry/battling_with_maven_2_integrating
> ) and everything seems in order. However when the maven-antrun-plugin is
> failing with an error message I'm failing to understand how it's coming
> about.The error message says:
>
> [INFO] Error executing ant tasks
>
> Embedded error:
> C:\devenv\automation\BankComponent\BankComponentEJB\null\lib not found.
> [INFO]
>

> Have you guys successfully built and deployed an IBM Websphere  6  J2EE
> project with  EJBs ( 2.1) ?

Hey guys , I'm not nagging.I'm just desperate to get this going. Those who
have successfully deployed to Websphere 6 , how did you do it?

Re: IBM custom project

Posted by Thomas Tardy <th...@gmail.com>.
They are needed and they are being generated for my EJB project.

Re: IBM custom project

Posted by Jeff Mutonho <ej...@gmail.com>.

Re: IBM custom project

Posted by Thomas Tardy <th...@gmail.com>.
Hello

Re: IBM custom project

Posted by Jeff Mutonho <ej...@gmail.com>.

Re: IBM custom project

Posted by Thomas Tardy <th...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

I haven't managed to get the example from Peter Pilgrim's blog working. In
the example they use the ant task. The problem I faced was, that you have to
[...]

project.build.directory}/${project.artifactId}-${project.version}-INPUT.jar"
/>
                                <move file="${project.build.directory}/${
project.artifactId}-${project.version}-OUTPUT.jar" tofile="${
project.build.directory}/${project.artifactId}-${project.version}.jar" />
                            </tasks>
                        </configuration>
                        <goals>
                            <goal>run</goal>
                        </goals>
                    </execution>
                </executions>
            </plugin>
        </plugins>

It's working fine. The only condition you have is that you have access to a

Re: IBM custom project

Posted by "David J. M. Karlsen" <da...@davidkarlsen.com>.

Re: IBM custom project

Posted by "David J. M. Karlsen" <da...@davidkarlsen.com>.
Stephen Coy wrote:
> Maven 2.0.4 -> 2.0.8 certainly works on the IBM 1.5 JDK under Windows.
> I would be really surprised if there were any issues under Linux.
>
> We have been using it for more than a year.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Steve C
I've got a m2 plugin which wraps around the ws_ant (generating an ant
build script for it and then launching ws_ant).
I'll make you a zip or try to get it exported to an external repo if you
want to give it a try.

Re: IBM custom project

Posted by Stephen Coy <st...@resolvesw.com>.

Re: IBM custom project

Posted by Stuart McCulloch <st...@jayway.net>.
On 17/01/2008, Jörg Schaible <jo...@gmx.de> wrote:

> Wendy Smoak wrote:
>
> > On Jan 16, 2008 6:19 AM, Jörg Schaible
> > <Jo...@elsag-solutions.com> wrote:
> >
> >> For whatever reason, Maven 2 does not run on an IBM JDK.
> >
> > I don't see anything in JIRA about this.
>
> I always intended to, but forgot about it again.
>
> > What issues have you run into?
>

> http://commons.markmail.org/message/shxvsvzjuim6i2ep?q=list:org%2Eapache%2Ecommons%2Edev+IBM+JDK
>
> Basically I've tested M208 and M205 and a M2 build fails with any IBM JDK
> (1.4.x and 1.5.x) on Linux.
>
> - Jörg

FWIW, I've been using the IBM Linux JDKs with M205->M208 for some time
now...

there was an issue with the javadoc plugin (
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MJAVADOC-135)
and how it parsed the version string, but other than that, I've not seen any
problems (yet!)

Cheers, Stuart

Re: IBM custom project

Posted by Jörg Schaible <jo...@gmx.de>.

Re: IBM custom project

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Re: IBM custom project

Posted by Jeff Mutonho <ej...@gmail.com>.
On Jan 16, 2008 3:19 PM, Jörg Schaible <Jo...@elsag-solutions.com>
wrote:

> Jeff Mutonho wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I have a custom IBM project with ejbs ( for the 2.1 spec).I've
> > followed steps outlined at Peter Pilgrim's blog
> > (http://www.jroller.com/peter_pilgrim/entry/battling_with_mave
> > n_2_integrating ) and everything seems in order. However when the
> > maven-antrun-plugin is
> > failing with an error message I'm failing to understand how it's
> > coming about.The error message says:
> >
> > [INFO] Error executing ant tasks
> >
> > Embedded error:
> > C:\devenv\automation\BankComponent\BankComponentEJB\null\lib not
> > found. [INFO]
> >

> > Have you guys successfully built and deployed an IBM Websphere  6
> > J2EE project with  EJBs (2.1) ?
>
> For whatever reason, Maven 2 does not run on an IBM JDK.
>
> - Jörg
>
> -

I'm not using the IBM JDK

RE: IBM custom project