Posted to user@drill.apache.org by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com> on 2021/06/04 18:31:27 UTC

Re: Feature/Question

On Fri, Jun 4, 2021 at 10:04 AM Akshay Bhasin (BLOOMBERG/ 731 LEX) <
abhasin16@bloomberg.net> wrote:

> Hi Ted,
>
> Yes - I was able to achieve parallelization like you mentioned below. My
> queries were probably not large enough before. Thank you :)

That's great to hear.

> On the s3 front - I keep coming across this error which says "File Path
> must be absolute".

This sounds like it probably is just what it says.

What is the storage plugin definition? What is the table name you are using?

> Someone on stack-overflow mentioned that you cannnot run CTAS command on
> storage plugins -
> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/36494083/apache-drill-creating-own-table-by-ctas
> .
>
> Isn't s3 a storage plugin also ?

That answer on stack overflow is a bit misleading.

The real issue is that you can create tables in file-like storage systems.
My thought is that this should include s3. You must also (of course) set
the plugin to be writable.