Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by Chris Campbell <ck...@live.com> on 2015/11/06 15:12:01 UTC

Basic operations questions

I'm just getting NiFi set up in a PoC mode and I have a couple of simple
management questions.

1.       Is there a way to clear out the queues? I'm finding that if I shut
down my processors and then want to make changes to the flow, I can't
because there is data in the queue. I have deleted the data from the
content_repository directory but I expect that's not the right approach.

2.       Is there a way to limit the amount of storage NiFi will use? I am
running my PoC system out of disk space and most of it seems to be used up
in the content_repository directory.

Thanks!

RE: Basic operations questions

Posted by Chris Campbell <ck...@live.com>.
Great to know. That’s exactly the kind of thing I was looking for. Thanks!

    You can set file expiration on the queue. Any FlowFiles older then the value entered will be purged by the NiFi controller.  In Future releases we are working to make that process even easier.

To shed more light on this – the upcoming release allows one to right click on the connection label and purge the contents (both for stopped and running connections).

Andrew

Re: Basic operations questions

Posted by Andrew Grande <ag...@hortonworks.com>.
Chris,

Posted by Chris Campbell <ck...@live.com>.
Thanks! I set the expiration and the queues cleared right out.

Posted by Matthew Clarke <ma...@gmail.com>.
Chris,