Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Stefan Seifert <ss...@pro-vision.de> on 2017/03/27 16:21:49 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Sling File System Resource Provider 2.0.0, File System Resource Provider 1.3.0

Hi,

Apache Sling File System Resource Provider 2.0.0  (3 issues)
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING/fixforversion/12339777

Apache Sling File System Resource Provider 1.3.0  (2 issues)
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING/fixforversion/12338947

Staging repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachesling-1681/

You can use this UNIX script to download the release and verify the signatures:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/sling/trunk/check_staged_release.sh

Usage:
sh check_staged_release.sh 1681 /tmp/sling-staging

Please vote to approve this release:

  [ ] +1 Approve the release
  [ ]  0 Don't care
  [ ] -1 Don't release, because ...

This majority vote is open for at least 72 hours.

stefan

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Sling File System Resource Provider 2.0.0, File System Resource Provider 1.3.0

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
+1

--
Carsten Ziegeler
Adobe Research Switzerland

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Sling File System Resource Provider 2.0.0, File System Resource Provider 1.3.0

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 2017-03-27 at 16:21 +0000, Stefan Seifert wrote:
> Please vote to approve this release:

+1

Robert

RE: [VOTE] Release Apache Sling File System Resource Provider 2.0.0, File System Resource Provider 1.3.0

Posted by Stefan Seifert <ss...@pro-vision.de>.
+1

RE: [VOTE] Release Apache Sling File System Resource Provider 2.0.0, File System Resource Provider 1.3.0

Posted by Stefan Seifert <ss...@pro-vision.de>.

>> >event)
>> >
>> >After having a closer look, I don't think it's worth the effort as there
>> >are
>> >more new dependencies (JCR, Vault, Guava).
>>
>> there is no dependency on guava (only test dependency via sling-mock).
>
>Guava is a transitive dependency of Jackrabbit.

ah, ok - thanks for clarification. than we have to live with it for now.
we might try to optimize this in further release to embed what is easy possible.

Posted by Oliver Lietz <ap...@oliverlietz.de>.
On Wednesday 29 March 2017 12:51:59 Stefan Seifert wrote:
> >> +1 (depends now on Jackrabbit, would prefer embedding
> >> org.apache.jackrabbit.util.ISO8601 like we do in other bundles, e.g.
> >
> >event)
> >
> >After having a closer look, I don't think it's worth the effort as there
> >are
> >more new dependencies (JCR, Vault, Guava).
>
> there is no dependency on guava (only test dependency via sling-mock).

Guava is a transitive dependency of Jackrabbit.

> but yes, there are more dependencies for the filevault support now
> (jackrabbit filevault, jcr api, and some jackrabbit utils), and the used
> classes have more dependencies itself, so it's not so easy to embed them
> all - and the dependencies are available in sling launchpad anyway.

As Carsten removed javax.jcr from minimal Sling and commons.json is no longer
required, I did adjust some (Karaf) features.
The sling-extension-fsresource with fsresource 2.0.0 depends now on javax.jcr,
jackrabbit-api, jackrabbit-jcr-commons, vault and guava. Otherwise it would
not resolve.

Regards,
O.

Posted by Stefan Seifert <ss...@pro-vision.de>.