Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Matthew Langham <ml...@sundn.de> on 2000/05/12 13:58:21 UTC

SQLProcessor MS SQL Server

I cant seem to access the apache site - so I cant check the docs and
archive.

Has anyone got SQLProcessor to work against MS SQL-Server 6.5 using a JDBC
driver (not ODBC)? - What are you using? I have got the FreeTDS driver and
keep getting an error on select : "This method should only be  used when
auto commit has
been disabled."

Apart from that - is it possible to have multiple SQL queries in the same
XML file using the same connection? How do you do that?

Again - sorry - its probably all in the archive...

Matthew

Tel: +49-5251-1581-30   [mlangham@sundn.de - http://www.sundn.de]

...this mail was scanned for viruses by mailserver...

Re: OT: Knock-them-off-their-feet demo

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@infoplanning.com>.
Show the same demo with a different stylesheet.  It may seem simple, but if
the app works the same regardless of what it looks like, then that is Cocoon's
selling point is.  It demonstrates the power of what separation of content,
logic, and look will afford you.  It proves that with better architecture the
cost of maintenance goes down.  It also proves that if there graphic artists have
too much caffiene one night, it won't kill the site.

Re: SQLProcessor and Access

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@infoplanning.com>.
The ODBC Driver for Access is crap.  Keep in mind that for *that* driver,
all strings MUST be surrounded by single quotes (and those are escaped by
adding another right next to it), and the errors it returns NEVER represent
what the correct error is.  This is a problem with the ODBC driver itself.
I used the JdbcOdbcDriver with Informix, and things went alot smoother.

PS-If you are ever planning to move to another database, it is probably better
to design against that database.  We did a project where the original design
was around access, and when we ported to Informix, we had to update 1000
queries over the space of three weeks.

SQLProcessor and Access

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Mon, 15 May 2000, Matthew Langham wrote:

> I am to demonstrate the power of cocoon to management on Thursday and have
> knocked up a solution which shows how to grab data from an internal SQL
> database and serve up either HTML, WML or PDF depending on browser and
> selection.
>
> Now I am looking for the "and wait until I show you this" bit to end the
> demonstration with. Any good ideas floating around which would leave them
> going "yeah - maybe he's onto something..."? :-)

VoxML. When stefano pulled that out of his hat at Apachecon, he got a
spontaneous ovation. It was pretty kick ass.

- donald

OT: Knock-them-off-their-feet demo

Re: SQLProcessor MS SQL Server

Posted by Ulrich Mayring <ul...@denic.de>.
Matthew Langham wrote:

> Apart from that - is it possible to have multiple SQL queries in the same
> XML file using the same connection? How do you do that?

<firstquery>
<query null-indicator="yes" connection="foo_connection">
</query>
</firstquery>

<secondquery>
<query null-indicator="yes" connection="foo_connection">
</query>
</secondquery>

In your stylesheet you define two different templates for firstquery and
secondquery and done.

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring
DENIC eG, Systementwicklung

Re: SQLProcessor MS SQL Server

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Fri, 12 May 2000, Matthew Langham wrote:

> I cant seem to access the apache site - so I cant check the docs and
> archive.
>
> Has anyone got SQLProcessor to work against MS SQL-Server 6.5 using a JDBC
> driver (not ODBC)? - What are you using? I have got the FreeTDS driver and
> keep getting an error on select : "This method should only be  used when
> auto commit has
> been disabled."
>
> Apart from that - is it possible to have multiple SQL queries in the same
> XML file using the same connection? How do you do that?

Just do it. Have more than one connection element. Ta-da!

- donald