Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Stephen More <st...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/12 22:33:05 UTC

IE + Flash + mod_jk issue

I have a flash application ( Macromedia Breeze Presentation ) that is
working fine when I access it directly from tomcat's port 8080.

When I access it through apache using mod_jk, IE loads some of the
flash files, but not all.
The problem is only appearing with IE, it is working fine with Firefox.

Here are my options:
JkOptions     +ForwardKeySize +ForwardURICompat -ForwardDirectories

Could this be a mod_jk issue or should I be looking at something else ?

Any help is appreciated.
-Thanks
Steve More

Re: IE + Flash + mod_jk issue

Posted by Stephen More <st...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 4:58 PM, Rainer Jung  wrote:
> On 12.05.2009 22:33, Stephen More wrote:
>> I have a flash application ( Macromedia Breeze Presentation ) that is
>> working fine when I access it directly from tomcat's port 8080.
>>
>> When I access it through apache using mod_jk, IE loads some of the
>> flash files, but not all.
>> The problem is only appearing with IE, it is working fine with Firefox.
>>
>> Here are my options:
>> JkOptions     +ForwardKeySize +ForwardURICompat -ForwardDirectories
>>
>> Could this be a mod_jk issue or should I be looking at something else ?

I found a solution.

I needed to remove the following from my apache httpd config:
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/xml
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/html

I guess a better solution might be:
  http://www.robertswarthout.com/2007/05/ie-6-apache-mod_deflate-blank-pages/

-Steve

Re: IE + Flash + mod_jk issue

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.
On 12.05.2009 22:33, Stephen More wrote:
> I have a flash application ( Macromedia Breeze Presentation ) that is
> working fine when I access it directly from tomcat's port 8080.
>
> When I access it through apache using mod_jk, IE loads some of the
> flash files, but not all.
> The problem is only appearing with IE, it is working fine with Firefox.
>
> Here are my options:
> JkOptions     +ForwardKeySize +ForwardURICompat -ForwardDirectories
>
> Could this be a mod_jk issue or should I be looking at something else ?

Sounds like an IE issue :)

I would start with finding out, what the URLs of the missing flashes
are, and how the browser learns about those URLs (are they part of some
content retrieved previously or similar)?

Then check, how the URLs look like in the 8080 case respectively
Apache/mod_jk case. Maybe you'll find something strange.

Could it be a security setting in MSIE?

Regards,

Rainer