Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Vihung Marathe <vi...@friendsprovident.co.uk> on 2007/08/22 16:25:55 UTC

Generate a properties file on each build

I think I may have missed this in the thread about the version class
recently, but what is the best way to get maven to create a file -
say, a properties file - that can include information from the POM
(e.g. ${project.name}, ${project.version} etc.) and information from
the environment (e.g. ${java.version}, ${java.vendor} etc.) and other
information (e.g. date/time stamp).

I would like to do this with each build - developer snapshot or
release - and the file placed somewhere in the target artifact?

If not a custom properties file, then perhaps something like the
metafile, but to be placed in the target, not the repository

-- Vihung

This e-mail may contain confidential information and/or copyright material. This e-mail is intended for the use of the addressee only. Any unauthorised use may be unlawful.

If you receive this e-mail by mistake please advise the sender immediately by using the reply facility in your e-mail software.

The Friends Provident group of companies includes these Friends Provident plc subsidiary companies:

Friends Provident Life and Pensions Limited. Registered number 4096141.
Friends Provident Life Assurance Limited. Registered number 782698.
Friends Provident Pensions Limited. Registered number 475201.
Friends Provident Marketing Limited. Registered number 5059179.

Each of the above subsidiary companies is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.

Friends Provident Management Services Limited. Registered number 983330

The ultimate holding company is Friends Provident plc. Registered number 4113107.

All are incorporated companies limited by shares and registered in England.
Registered and Head Office: Pixham End, Dorking, Surrey RH4 1QA.

www.friendsprovident.com

Re: Generate a properties file on each build

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
Most of this is already being generated for you in the jar that Maven
generates, automatically.

Check META-INF/maven/<groupId>/<artifactId>/pom.properties and
META-INF/MANIFEST.MF.

Wayne