Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com> on 2022/03/16 00:12:44 UTC

maven-3.8.5 - multiple instances of mvn locking in each others ??

Hi

I have a large multi modules java maven build where:

  * basic build + unit tests  - 40 min
  * sonar:sonar 20 min
  * final packaging and basic smoke-test - 20 min

To take advantage of Maven multi-threaded build , we spin another maven
instance to run sonar:sonar right after the basic build is done.

This means  sonar:sonar and final packaging + basic test running in
parallel sharing same source tree, same local maven repo ( where
sonar:sonar should have all needed dependencies to run its task)

With maven-3.8.5,  the main maven instance which runs basic build and
continues with the final packaging phase hangs waiting for my sonar:sonar
mvn instant to complete

is it possible that this https://github.com/apache/maven/pull/628 may cause
the locking I am seeing?

Thanks

-D

Re: maven-3.8.5 - multiple instances of mvn locking in each others ??

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.
Filed this issue -  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-7433

thanks

-D