Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Вячеслав Коптилин <sl...@gmail.com> on 2022/11/14 19:05:36 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Ignite 3.0.0-beta1 RC2

Dear Community,

Ignite 3 is moving forward and I think we're in a good spot to release the
first beta version. In the last few months the following major features
have been added:
- RPM and DEB packages: simplified installation and node management with
system services.
- Client's Partition Awareness: Clients are now aware of data distribution
over the cluster nodes which helps avoid additional network transmissions
and lowers operations latency.
- C++ client:  Basic C++ client, able to perform operations on data.
- Autogenerated values: now a function can be specified as a default value
generator during a table creation. Currently only gen_random_uuid is
supported.
- SQL Transactions.
- Transactional Protocol: improved locking model, multi-version based
lock-free read-only transactions.
- Storage: A number of improvements to memory-only and on-disk engines
based on Page Memory.
- Indexes: Basic functionality, hash and sorted indexes.
- Client logging: A LoggerFactory may be provided during client creation to
specify a custom logger for logs generated by the client.
- Metrics framework: Collection and export of cluster metrics.

I propose to release 3.0.0-beta1 with the features listed above.

Release Candidate:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ignite/3.0.0-beta1-rc2/
Maven Staging:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheignite-1556/
Tag: https://github.com/apache/ignite-3/tree/3.0.0-beta1-rc2

+1 - accept Apache Ignite 3.0.0-beta1 RC2
 0 - don't care either way
-1 - DO NOT accept Apache Ignite 3.0.0-beta1 RC2 (explain why)

Voting guidelines: https://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html
How to verify the release: https://www.apache.org/info/verification.html

The vote will be closed on Wednesday, 16 November 2022, 18:00:00 (UTC time)
https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20221116T18&p0=1440&msg=Apache+Ignite+3.0.0-beta1+RC2&font=cursive&csz=1

Thanks,
S.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Ignite 3.0.0-beta1 RC2

Posted by Юрий <ju...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Живи с улыбкой! :D

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Ignite 3.0.0-beta1 RC2

Posted by Игорь Гусев <de...@mail.ru.INVALID>.
+1

--
Igor Gusev

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Ignite 3.0.0-beta1 RC2

Posted by Mirza Aliev <al...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Igor Sapego <is...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Vladislav Pyatkov <vl...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Vladislav Pyatkov

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Ignite 3.0.0-beta1 RC2

Posted by Denis C <mo...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Alexander Lapin <la...@gmail.com>.
+1