Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/18 12:59:48 UTC

Wrong compiler property names used in parent POM.

The Maven compiler plugin uses properties which have the prefix
"maven.compiler.", however the pom uses "maven.compile.".

That's why the poms need to include the compiler config - it would be
picked up automatically otherwise.

Also the plugin uses uses maven.compiler.showDeprecation not
maven.compile.deprecation

Fixing these should allow simplification of many of the poms.

If the parent pom is fixed, some child poms will also need to be changed.
However they will only need to be changed when they switch to the new
parent pom - it won't affect existing builds - so I don't see any
downside to fixing the parent pom for the next version.

OK?

Re: Wrong compiler property names used in parent POM.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 18 June 2013 13:35, Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Tue, 2013-06-18 at 11:59 +0100, sebb wrote:
>> The Maven compiler plugin uses properties which have the prefix
>> "maven.compiler.", however the pom uses "maven.compile.".
>>
>> That's why the poms need to include the compiler config - it would be
>> picked up automatically otherwise.

Unfortunately it turns out that the Apache Pom uses fixed versions in
its config, so we will have to keep our override in pluginManagement.
See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MPOM-44

However it should still be possible to make some simplifications.

>> Also the plugin uses uses maven.compiler.showDeprecation not
>> maven.compile.deprecation
>>
>> Fixing these should allow simplification of many of the poms.
>>
>> If the parent pom is fixed, some child poms will also need to be changed.
>> However they will only need to be changed when they switch to the new
>> parent pom - it won't affect existing builds - so I don't see any
>> downside to fixing the parent pom for the next version.
>>
>> OK?
>>

> +1

Done.

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 2013-06-18 at 11:59 +0100, sebb wrote:
> The Maven compiler plugin uses properties which have the prefix
> "maven.compiler.", however the pom uses "maven.compile.".
>
> That's why the poms need to include the compiler config - it would be
> picked up automatically otherwise.
>
> Also the plugin uses uses maven.compiler.showDeprecation not
> maven.compile.deprecation
>
> Fixing these should allow simplification of many of the poms.
>
> If the parent pom is fixed, some child poms will also need to be changed.
> However they will only need to be changed when they switch to the new
> parent pom - it won't affect existing builds - so I don't see any
> downside to fixing the parent pom for the next version.
>
> OK?

+1

Oleg