Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Soren Birk Jacobsen <ku...@ns-media.dk> on 1998/09/25 01:06:46 UTC

mod_cgi/3069: Apache won't run WIN generated perlscripts, that do work in commandline

>Number:         3069
>Category:       mod_cgi
>Synopsis:       Apache won't run WIN generated perlscripts, that do work in commandline
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
When I create a Perl-cgi-script on the Linuz-Apache server it works just
fine, but if the script was created on a PC (WINdoze) and transferred it
won't work I get an:"Premature end of script headers" error, the script
runs just fine in commandline but it won't work through the server, I
have a hunch that this is caused by 'newline/carriagereturn' differences
between Linux and win, but since it works in Linux commandline ('%perl
script') I should think it was possible to get it to run, what do I do?

kurgan

http://www.popsmart.dk/cgi-bin/newtest (made on win95 doesnt work)
http://www.popsmart.dk/cgi-bin/newtest2 (pasted in vi works)
>Fix:
As I mentioned I guess it's something with win/unix linefeed/carriagereturn differences