Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Le...@swm.de on 2019/10/18 12:31:04 UTC

Problems connecting to OPC UA server

Hi,

I am working on a project where I receive data via OPC UA. I process the data to get a unique OID for SNMP. Afterwards I send the OID to a PRTG Monitoring System.
Right now, I send data with the Prosys OPC UA simulation server and try to connect with camel. The connection to the server works but I get a Java NullPointerException on class Subscription Manager.

The error message looks like that:
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
            at org.apache.camel.component.milo.client.internal.SubscriptionManager$Connected.lookupNamespace(SubscriptionManager.java:287) ~[camel-milo-2.24.2.jar:2.24.2]
            at org.apache.camel.component.milo.client.internal.SubscriptionManager$Connected.putSubscriptions(SubscriptionManager.java:168) ~[camel-milo-2.24.2.jar:2.24.2]

My route looks like that:
from("milo-client:opc.tcp://localhost:4048/example?method=RAW(ns=5;s=MyLevel)&allowedSecurityPolicies=None")
                .bean("NotrufsaulenTransformation", "transformData")
                .to("snmp://127.0.0.1:161?protocol=udp&type=POLL");

Is there anything wrong with my route or the connection to the OPC UA server?

I am using Apache Camel version 2.24.2 with Spring Boot Framework 2.1.7.

Thank you very much in advance for your help!

Best regards,
Stefan Lederer

Re: Problems connecting to OPC UA server

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Maybe you can debug the code, as it appears that the node id is null,
maybe debugging can help diagnose the problem?

--
Claus Ibsen