Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Dan <el...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/11 13:11:59 UTC

English[USA] thesaurus

      I just noticed that my AOO 3.4.0 for US does not have a thesaurus.
It does have an English [USA] dictionary extension. What is needed to
obtain this?

--Dan

Re: English[USA] thesaurus

Posted by drew <dr...@baseanswers.com>.
On Mon, 2012-06-11 at 21:27 +0200, Hagar Delest wrote:
> Well, that's strange, I've the thesaurus on my Ubuntu 12.04 system (64bit).
> There is thread about that on the forum, see: http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=53887
> Haven't checked my Vista system.

Never Mind...

Hagar, you are correct, I read the thread on the forum, removed the
Canadian and, just to be sure, Australian English extensions - re-start
of AOO and the Thesaurus is active.

Ubuntu 11.04 (64bit) / Unity for the runtime environment, just now, BTW

//drew

Re: English[USA] thesaurus

Posted by Hagar Delest <ha...@laposte.net>.

Re: English[USA] thesaurus

Posted by drew <dr...@baseanswers.com>.

Re: English[USA] thesaurus

Posted by Jeremy Jones <je...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dan
So I need an dictionary extension!  You mention an English (USA), I am
Welsh, and work in both English (UK) and Welsh (Brythonic (British
Language)) that should be fun in translation.  So I need to download a USA
English extension, and with the thesaurus be in that?  Anyway many thanks
from an old tired Welshman.  Diolch yn fawr (thank you very much).

Best regards Jero mab Cymru (Jero son of Wales).

On 11 June 2012 12:11, Dan <el...@gmail.com> wrote:

>     I just noticed that my AOO 3.4.0 for US does not have a thesaurus. It
> does have an English [USA] dictionary extension. What is needed to obtain
> this?
>
> --Dan

Jero

Re: English[USA] thesaurus

Posted by Doug <dm...@optonline.net>.
On 06/11/2012 07:11 AM, Dan wrote:
>      I just noticed that my AOO 3.4.0 for US does not have a
> thesaurus. It does have an English [USA] dictionary extension. What is
> needed to obtain this?
>
> --Dan

Not built-in, but Artha is a nice Thesaurus and dictionary.  Free.

doug