Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Matthieu DELAHAIS <de...@yahoo.fr> on 2003/03/13 08:58:08 UTC

Realm with MS SQL Server

Hi all,

I'm trying to use Realm with MS SQL Server. So I
follow the Realm-HowTo. I configure my server.xml file
in adding the following lines at the end of the file :
<Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm"
debug="99"
driverName="com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver"
connectionURL="jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://localhost:1433;DatabaseName=JetspeedUnis;SelectMethod=cursor"
connectionName="basename"
connectionPassword="password"
userTable="users" userNameCol="user_name"
userCredCol="user_pass"
userRoleTable="user_roles" roleNameCol="role_name"/>

I created the tables into SQL Server and I inserted
some users and roles. But, when I try to connect whit
this users on tomcat
(http://localhost/examples/jsp/security/protected/login.jsp),
i have the message :
Invalid username and/or password, please try again.

Did I forget something? Any help will be welcome!
Thanks in advance

Matthieu

RE: Realm with MS SQL Server

Posted by Matthieu DELAHAIS <de...@yahoo.fr>.
Hi Georges,

Thanks for your help, but it's not necessary yet. My
problem was that I didn't use the good database...
Best regards

Matthieu

RE: Realm with MS SQL Server