Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Jean-Noël Rivasseau <el...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/30 16:05:58 UTC

scp task does not correctly handle directories

Hi

I am using Ant 1.6.5 and Ant 1.7 on Gentoo Linux amd64, and the same
behavior appears.

When using the scp task, I cannot copy a directory that contains
subdirectories. When copying a directory that has no subdirectories, things
work fine, but any directory with subdirs in it will cause the scp task to
hang.

By hang, I mean that the scp task when Ant is loaded from the command line
never finishes.

Should a bug report be filed? Is this normal behavior?

My code:

    <scp todir="elvanor@elvanor.net:/home/elvanor/test/" port="23"
keyfile="${user.home}/.ssh/id_rsa" passphrase="" verbose="true">
        <fileset dir="build/WEB-INF/classes" includes="**/*" />
    </scp>

Note that there are no errors related to authentication or whatever. Just
changing the fileset dir attribute to some directory that has no
subdirectories makes the whoile thing work perfectly.

Jean-Noël