Posted to npanday-users@incubator.apache.org by Octavian <h....@gmail.com> on 2014/11/27 14:21:27 UTC

Maven release gives error on multi-module project

Hello again,
I use org.apache.npanday.plugins:maven-compile-plugin:1.4.0-incubating
and org.apache.npanday.plugins:maven-resgen-plugin:1.5.0-internal (I
released locally the version 1.5.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT) for my multi-module
project.

If I run "mvn clean install" it goes to success, but when I try to release
with "mvn -Dresume=false -DautoVersionSubmodules=true
-DpreparationGoals="clean install" release:clean release:prepare
release:perform" it fails at module B because it can't get the dependency
module A. The compile plugin doesn't resolve Maven variables and it tries
to download com.example:A:dll:${project.version}

ex:
Inside pom.xml from module B
        <dependency>
            <groupId>com.example</groupId>
            <artifactId>A</artifactId>
            <version>${project.version}</version>
            <type>dll</type>
        </dependency>

Why at install phase the NPanday compile plugin finds A dependency, but at
release time it don't?

Thanks,
Octavian

AW: Maven release gives error on multi-module project

Posted by Lars Corneliussen // Zen <me...@lcorneliussen.de>.
Hi Octavian,

I can't imagine "things" work when mixing. So even if adding the "dll" packaging type helps to get things working for you, I'm pretty sure plenty of other things wont work.

Then, introducing "dll" shouldn't be necessary, since "library" and "dotnet-library" should work fine when using 1.5 entirely.

_
Lars

Posted by Octavian <h....@gmail.com>.
Hello,