Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by John Jay <jo...@frontier.com> on 2014/05/05 16:29:51 UTC

How to Transfer Yahoo Favorites to Open Office

To start I am 80 and not very computer savy.
I am going to change my home page from YAHOO to GOOGLE CHROME and want to save my favorites to in Open Office so I can refer to them as needed - How do I do this???   At one time you could just copy and paste to a blank page but this does not work any more.

In advance "Thanks"

John

Re: How to Transfer Yahoo Favorites to Open Office

Posted by Alan B <ab...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, May 5, 2014 at 10:29 AM, John Jay <jo...@frontier.com> wrote:

> To start I am 80 and not very computer savy.
> I am going to change my home page from YAHOO to GOOGLE CHROME and want to
> save my favorites to in Open Office so I can refer to them as needed - How
> do I do this???   At one time you could just copy and paste to a blank page
> but this does not work any more.

John - from your description I am not certain what you wish to do. And
maybe more importantly for your purposes for at least two ways I read your
message there is no need to copy all your favorites to OpenOffice, or
anywhere else, to continue using them.

reading #1
"I am going to change my home page..." Home Page is the first web page
displayed in the web browser when it opens.

Changing the home page does not affect other web browser settings. The home
page can be changed at will and as often as desired without affecting any
of the saved favorites.

If changing the home page is what you're attempting then look in the web
browser's help for how to set the home page. Set your new home page and
you're done. No other action is needed

reading #2
"...from YAHOO to GOOGLE CHROME" seems to refer to two different things.
"YAHOO" is a web site with news, email and other services. "GOOGLE CHROME"
is a specific software product, a web browser.

If you mean that you are going to begin using GOOGLE CHROME as your web
browser instead of whatever you are using now there again is no need to
copy your favorites anywhere.

If you have not installed GOOGLE CHROME yet go ahead and install it. During
the install process watch for the step when it asks if you'd like to import
your bookmarks. Answer yes and all your favorites will be imported into
CHROME ready for your use.

If GOOGLE CHROME is already installed it is not to late to have it read in
your bookmarks, aka favorites, from your other web browser. Go into GOOGLE
CHROME's settings menu and look for the "Users" section. In that section is
a button "Import bookmarks and settings...". Click that button and you will
be asked what web browser to import the bookmarks and settings, aka
favorites, from. Select the appropriate browser, I'm guessing your answer
should be Internet Explorer, and click "Import" button to copy all your
favorites into GOOGLE CHROME.

I hope one of the two readings is on target. If not perhaps you would
clarify further and you can be directed to more appropriate help.

Re: How to Transfer Yahoo Favorites to Open Office

Posted by Alexandro Colorado <jz...@oooes.org>.
Eversync will syncronize your bookmarks across browsers.
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/eversync-sync-bookmarks-b/iohcojnlgnfbmjfjfkbhahhmppcggdog?hl=en

Otherwise you can do it manually:
https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95739?hl=en&ref_topic=3434409

Finally there is the bulk import of bookmarks
https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/96816?hl=en&ref_topic=3434409

Follow these instructions to get it completely fit.

--
Alexandro Colorado
Apache OpenOffice Contributor