Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk> on 2002/11/18 20:12:12 UTC

[PROPOSAL] set a standard location for a component's coding standards

PROPOSAL
========
components are supposed to adhere to the jakarta coding standards (ie. the
sun coding standards) unless they document the coding standards they use.
at the moment, this document can be located anywhere and is therefore
difficult to find. it therefore seems sensible to choose a standard
filename and location for this file.

i think that it'd be easier to establish the principle before choosing a
name and location but anyone who has any good ideas is very welcome to
propose them now.

- robert

Re: [PROPOSAL] set a standard location for a component's coding standards

Posted by Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com>.
+1
The [collections] version is DEVELOPER-GUIDE.html in the root
Stephen

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

Re: [PROPOSAL] set a standard location for a component's coding standards

Posted by Scott Sanders <sa...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Nov 18, 2002 at 07:12:12PM +0000, robert burrell donkin wrote:
> PROPOSAL
> ========
> components are supposed to adhere to the jakarta coding standards (ie. the
> sun coding standards) unless they document the coding standards they use.
> at the moment, this document can be located anywhere and is therefore
> difficult to find. it therefore seems sensible to choose a standard
> filename and location for this file.
>
> i think that it'd be easier to establish the principle before choosing a
> name and location but anyone who has any good ideas is very welcome to
> propose them now.

I would prefer that it be listed in the STATUS file, or least have a link from the STATUS file.

I also like the collections DEVELOPERS-GUIDE concept.

--
Scott Sanders - sanders@apache.org