Posted to user@jspwiki.apache.org by Jürgen Weber <ju...@jwi.de> on 2016/11/25 19:20:32 UTC

Fragments of a Git File provider

Hi,

I have played with writing a Git file provider that writes into a Git
repository.

Unfortunately it is not very efficient, as JSPWiki counts versions
with the oldest first, so you have to go back in Gits commit history
to find out how many versions there are. Or one could cache versions
in a property file.
Anyway, I ran out of time, but if someone is interested, here it is:

https://github.com/weberjn/GitFileProvider

Cheers,
Juergen

Re: Fragments of a Git File provider

Posted by David Vittor <dv...@gmail.com>.
Good on you Juergen,

That's a great idea. Unfortunately no time at the moment to have a look
into this, but something I might take up later in the future. Git would be
a great long term store of information.

Thanks for pioneering the groundwork.

Cheers,
David V