Posted to users@jena.apache.org by Hashim Khan <en...@gmail.com> on 2022/04/12 13:01:25 UTC

cardinality estimation

Hi,
     I would like to ask about any specific class or method in Jana which
can return a value showing the estimated number of triples for a SPARQL
query?

Regards
--
*Hashim Khan*

Re: cardinality estimation

Posted by "rvesse@dotnetrdf.org" <rv...@dotnetrdf.org>.
You might want to look at the following bits of code then:

  *   https://github.com/apache/jena/blob/main/jena-arq/src/main/java/org/apache/jena/sparql/engine/optimizer/StatsMatcher.java - The code that uses pre-computed statistics, plus some weighting factors to decide how to reorder triple/quad patterns within BGPs
  *   https://github.com/apache/jena/blob/main/jena-arq/src/main/java/org/apache/jena/sparql/algebra/optimize/TransformReorder.java - An algebra transform that reorders the triple/quad patterns within BGPs.  Jena has both a statistics and a non-statistics based reordering available.
  *   https://github.com/apache/jena/blob/main/jena-cmds/src/main/java/tdb/tdbstats.java - A command line utility that pre-computes cardinality statistics for TDB databases

Rob

From: Hashim Khan <en...@gmail.com>
Date: Tuesday, 12 April 2022 at 16:13
To: users@jena.apache.org <us...@jena.apache.org>
Subject: Re: cardinality estimation
HI,
     I just want to see how cardinality estimation can be done
programmatically. whatever query or dataset it may be, but I want to see it
practically.

--
*Hashim Khan*

Re: cardinality estimation