Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by Nikos Beis <Ni...@eniro.com> on 2009/03/04 15:22:23 UTC

MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager extra methods

Hi,

We are using the MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager in our webapp, and
right now I'm trying to build a "thread and connection status" html page
which is supposed to show information about how many alive connections,
free connections and queued threads there currently are. The only info
that is accessible however is how many alive connections there are in
total and per hostconfig. The other information is there, but is
unreachable.

Would it be possible to add some extra methods to the
MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager in a future release which returns
free connections in total and per hostconfig, and also queued threads in
total and per hostconfig?

Nikos

Re: MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager extra methods

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 2009-03-04 at 15:22 +0100, Nikos Beis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are using the MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager in our webapp, and
> right now I'm trying to build a "thread and connection status" html page
> which is supposed to show information about how many alive connections,
> free connections and queued threads there currently are. The only info
> that is accessible however is how many alive connections there are in
> total and per hostconfig. The other information is there, but is
> unreachable.
>
> Would it be possible to add some extra methods to the
> MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager in a future release which returns
> free connections in total and per hostconfig, and also queued threads in
> total and per hostconfig?
>
> Nikos

Nikos,

I am pretty sure ThreadSafeClientConnManager shipped with HttpClient 4.0
can be fairly easily customized to provide information about the state
of internal connection pools.

Hope this helps

Oleg