Posted to user@storm.apache.org by sam mohel <sa...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/23 09:39:39 UTC

simple question about grouping

i have text file contains data . size of this file is 3.5 MB . My topology
consists of one spout and one bolt so is that possible to make all
processing in one bolt and in this case what is the role of grouping here ?
Thanks in advance

Re: simple question about grouping

Posted by sam mohel <sa...@gmail.com>.
thanks for the link it's so helpful

Posted by Navin Ipe <na...@searchlighthealth.com>.
> [...]

>> Grouping makes sense only when you have more than one task for a bolt. If
>> your bolt has more than one task, then the grouping will decide how the
>> tuples from the spout are distributed to the individual tasks of the bolt.
>> (shuffe = random, fields = keyed on some field and so on).
>>

>> See http://storm.apache.org/releases/current/Concepts.html
>>

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Arun
>>

>> *From: *sam mohel <sa...@gmail.com>
>> *Date: *Monday, January 23, 2017 at 3:09 PM
>> *To: *"user@storm.apache.org" <us...@storm.apache.org>, "
>> dev@storm.apache.org" <de...@storm.apache.org>
>> *Subject: *simple question about grouping
>>

>> i have text file contains data . size of this file is 3.5 MB . My
>> topology consists of one spout and one bolt so is that possible to make all
>> processing in one bolt and in this case what is the role of grouping here ?

Navin

Re: simple question about grouping

Posted by sam mohel <sa...@gmail.com>.
really thanks for your help

Posted by Arun Mahadevan <ar...@apache.org>.

From: sam mohel <sa...@gmail.com>
Date: Monday, January 23, 2017 at 4:58 PM
To: "user@storm.apache.org" <us...@storm.apache.org>
Subject: Re: simple question about grouping

From: sam mohel <sa...@gmail.com>
Date: Monday, January 23, 2017 at 3:09 PM
To: "user@storm.apache.org" <us...@storm.apache.org>, "dev@storm.apache.org" <de...@storm.apache.org>
Subject: simple question about grouping

Posted by sam mohel <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Arun Mahadevan <ar...@apache.org>.

From: sam mohel <sa...@gmail.com>
Date: Monday, January 23, 2017 at 3:09 PM
To: "user@storm.apache.org" <us...@storm.apache.org>, "dev@storm.apache.org" <de...@storm.apache.org>

Posted by sam mohel <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sam mohel <sa...@gmail.com>.
thanks for replying

From: sam mohel <sa...@gmail.com>
Date: Monday, January 23, 2017 at 3:09 PM
To: "user@storm.apache.org" <us...@storm.apache.org>, "dev@storm.apache.org" <de...@storm.apache.org>

From: sam mohel <sa...@gmail.com>
Date: Monday, January 23, 2017 at 3:09 PM
To: "user@storm.apache.org" <us...@storm.apache.org>, "dev@storm.apache.org" <de...@storm.apache.org>

Posted by sam mohel <sa...@gmail.com>.
i hope someone can help . why the group is inactive ?

Posted by sam mohel <sa...@gmail.com>.