Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com> on 2019/10/30 19:07:45 UTC

Duplicate jira emails for watched issues?

Hi,

Is anybody else getting duplicate JIRA notification emails for the
issues they are watching (but possibly not commented on).

I seem to get two emails, one goes to the issues@apache.org and is
marked to be part of the issues list (and I guess I am BCCed) and
another goes from the commenter directly to me with no list markings.

This _may_ only be happening for LUCENE Jiras only.

This second email  makes it very hard to create filtering rules and so
every comment on those issues bring the conversation back to my inbox.

Does anybody see/deal with this?

Thanks,
  Alex.

Re: Duplicate jira emails for watched issues?

Posted by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com>.
Yes, I love the watched feature as well and filter all watched emails
into a separate folder. But the filter stopped working and I thought
it was because LUCENE's mail template was different from SOLR somehow.
So, my filters were not triggering.

Turned out to be that I was just getting LUCENE notifications in those
days and the cause was actually different. The cause was enabling LDAP
and the target email address switched from my personal one to the
apache one. So, my filter was being bypassed.

Regards,
   Alex.

I seem to get two emails, one goes to the issues@apache.org <ma...@apache.org>  and is

Posted by David Smiley <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.
Disable Auto-Watching.

The behaviour ist normal. The issues list Mail ist sent by the mailing list, so it behaves like one.

The watch mail ist sent directly by Jira to you.

Uwe

Am October 30, 2019 7:07:45 PM UTC schrieb Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com>:
>Hi,
>
>Is anybody else getting duplicate JIRA notification emails for the
>issues they are watching (but possibly not commented on).
>
>I seem to get two emails, one goes to the issues@apache.org and is
>marked to be part of the issues list (and I guess I am BCCed) and
>another goes from the commenter directly to me with no list markings.
>
>This _may_ only be happening for LUCENE Jiras only.
>
>This second email  makes it very hard to create filtering rules and so
>every comment on those issues bring the conversation back to my inbox.
>
>Does anybody see/deal with this?
>
>Thanks,
>  Alex.

Uwe Schindler