Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by au...@gmail.com on 2009/10/27 23:22:46 UTC

[users@httpd] ldap_auth and disgest vs basic

Hi all,

Will the ldap module for Apache 2 work with an AuthType of Digest?

When I set it to Digest, I get;

Digest: client used wrong authentication scheme `Basic': /

I'm assuming my browser is having issues?

Snippet of my httpd.conf

AuthType Digest
AuthLDAPURL ldap://myladpserver
AuthzLDAPAuthorization off

There is no other instance of AuthType of no instance of Basic in my
file.

I don't have a local digest password file because I desire LDAP.

- aurf

Re: [users@httpd] ldap_auth and disgest vs basic

Posted by au...@gmail.com.
On Oct 27, 2009, at 3:54 PM, Eric Covener wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 6:22 PM,  <au...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Will the ldap module for Apache 2 work with an AuthType of Digest?
>>
>> When I set it to Digest, I get;
>>
>> Digest: client used wrong authentication scheme `Basic': /
>>
>> I'm assuming my browser is having issues?
>>
>> Snippet of my httpd.conf
>>
>> AuthType Digest
>> AuthLDAPURL ldap://myladpserver
>> AuthzLDAPAuthorization off
>>
>> There is no other instance of AuthType of no instance of Basic in
>> my file.
>
> I don't know why you get this odd symptom, but I think LDAP+Digest
> authentication will not work. In 2.2 you may be able to use
> digest+file for authn and LDAP for authorization, though.

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the reply.

I think SSL will solve my problems and its easier to implement.

What do you think?

Re: [users@httpd] ldap_auth and disgest vs basic

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.

--