Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Xml4C Development <xm...@us.ibm.com> on 2002/10/25 17:55:26 UTC

Re: install xml4c5_0_0-linux7.2gcc31 under redhat 7.3

LiPing,

>I just tried to install xml4c5_0_0-linux7.2gcc31 under REdhat 7.3, the
>instruction of Readme.html is not related with the version
>xml4c5_0_0-linux7.2gcc31, such as no directory of "src", it doesn't work
>at the end.

    This package, xml4c5_0_0-linux7.2gcc31, is a binary package, and
therefore, there is no src direcotry.

     If YOU ARE to build the xercesclib on your machine, you got to
download the ** source package**,
     xml4c-src5_0_0.targ.gz and the icu source package, icu-2.2.tar.gz from
     http://alphaworks.ibm.com/aw.nsf/download/xml4c.

     And then follow the build instruction, run the packageBinaries.pl,
there you go!

    Please let us know the result since so far we haven't heard any trial
on rh7.3, thanks.

Rgds,
PeiYong

                      Liping Wang
                      <liping@uoguelph.        To:       Xml4C Development/Cupertino/IBM@IBMUS, xerces-c-dev@xml.apache.org
                      ca>                      cc:
                                               Subject:  install xml4c5_0_0-linux7.2gcc31 under redhat 7.3
                      10/23/2002 02:36
                      PM

I just tried to install xml4c5_0_0-linux7.2gcc31 under REdhat 7.3, the
instruction of Readme.html is not related with the version
xml4c5_0_0-linux7.2gcc31, such as no directory of "src", it doesn't work
at the end.

here are the steps:
1) download the xml4c5_0_0-linux7.2gcc31from website linked from IBM
2) since the contents are different from the Readme file:
~/xmltest/xml4c5_0_0-linux7.2gcc31/doc/html/install.html, didn't find
the src/xercesc, then no "autoconf", when building samples , type
"runConfigure", error messages appears, after that gmake also not going
well.
3) tried to run SAXCount, display : libxml4c.so.50 : can't open shard
object file: no such file or directory. I renamed the file
libxml4c.so.50.0 to libxml4c.so.50, then this error dispeared,but
another lib: libstdc++.so.4:can't open shared object file: no such file ..
I searched but didn't find the related file.