Posted to dev@river.apache.org by Greg Trasuk <tr...@stratuscom.com> on 2013/11/13 14:41:47 UTC

[Report] Apache River

Apache River is a Java-based Service Oriented Architecture, implementing
the Jini Specification and Jini Technology Starter Kit originally
donated by Sun Microsystems.

ISSUES FOR THE BOARD

There are no board-level issues at this time

RELEASES

Apache River 2.2.1 was released on May 2, 2013.
As of Nov 13, 2013, a release vote is in progress for Apache River 2.2.2 and is
expected to pass.

COMMUNITY

No new committers have been added since Nov of 2011.
We hope that with releases coming on a more regular basis, user interest will
pick up, and with it we will attract more potential new committers.

ACTIVITY

Mailing lists and development have been fairly quiet over the last few
months.  7 messages on users@ from Sept-Nov, and over 32 messages on
dev@.  Activity is on the upswing in November

Two issues have been reported on Jira and resolved.