Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com> on 2011/06/09 15:05:44 UTC

Re: EndpointRegistry / DomainRegistry

On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 12:41 PM, ant elder <an...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 10:16 AM, ant elder <an...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> This is where i've got to so far, I think there is refactoring that could be
>> done but this is the current state.
>>

> It seems like there are now several types of things in the domain
> registry, theres info about installed contributions, there's info
> about the distributed domain - eg what composites are running where,
> and there is info about the active endpoints. I wonder if those should
> be three separate things? One of the refactorings could be to separate
> out the things like the contribution information from the runtime
> information, so perhaps have something like a ContributionRepository
> which holds the ContributionDescriptions and provides access to the
> actual contribution contents.
>
>   ...ant

Looking at the DomainRegistryFactory there are operations...

    DomainRegistry getEndpointRegistry(String endpointRegistryURI,
String domainURI);
    Collection<DomainRegistry> getEndpointRegistries();

Any reason I can't change these to getDomainRegistry etc. or was this
left in case  the idea of having a ContributionRepository takes hold?

Simon

Re: EndpointRegistry / DomainRegistry

Posted by ant elder <an...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 2:05 PM, Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 12:41 PM, ant elder <an...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 10:16 AM, ant elder <an...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> This is where i've got to so far, I think there is refactoring that could be
>>> done but this is the current state.
>>>

>> It seems like there are now several types of things in the domain
>> registry, theres info about installed contributions, there's info
>> about the distributed domain - eg what composites are running where,
>> and there is info about the active endpoints. I wonder if those should
>> be three separate things? One of the refactorings could be to separate
>> out the things like the contribution information from the runtime
>> information, so perhaps have something like a ContributionRepository
>> which holds the ContributionDescriptions and provides access to the
>> actual contribution contents.
>>
>>   ...ant
>>

> Looking at the DomainRegistryFactory there are operations...
>
>    DomainRegistry getEndpointRegistry(String endpointRegistryURI,
> String domainURI);
>    Collection<DomainRegistry> getEndpointRegistries();
>
> Any reason I can't change these to getDomainRegistry etc. or was this
> left in case  the idea of having a ContributionRepository takes hold?

No reason, i guess those just got missed in the refactor which changed
EndpointRegistry to DomainRegistry.

   ...ant