Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by EvgenyM <ev...@gmail.com> on 2018/04/18 12:38:01 UTC

Artemis + Springboot: How to expose REST API without web.xml?

Good day,

I would sincerely appreciate if someone could give me a direction how to add
Artemis REST interface into an instance bootstrapped by springboot without

I have prepped the barebones implementation here :
https://github.com/evmin/artemis-mq-rest

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated!

Re: Artemis + Springboot: How to expose REST API without web.xml?

Posted by EvgenyM <ev...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for coming back to me on this one.

I meant to say without the need to go through web.xml config.

As I understand Springboot does provide a bootstrap for Artemis ActiveMQ. I
was wondering if there is some non evident configuration option as to how
one could also enable artemis-rest - jetty is already a part of the
springboot deployment.

I am at loss here as the documentation refers either to a web.xml or to
deploying a .war.

Once again, thank you.

Re: Artemis + Springboot: How to expose REST API without web.xml?

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.
I think your message got cut off or something. You said, "I would sincerely
appreciate if someone could give me a direction how to add Artemis REST
interface into an instance bootstrapped by springboot without."  Without
what?

In any event, the issue here is that the REST interface relies on an HTTP
server that can deploy WAR files. In Artemis we use an embedded instance of
Jetty for this functionality. However you're starting your broker you'll
need to do something similar.

Justin