Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com> on 2001/09/09 22:04:43 UTC

Re: cvs commit: jakarta-velocity/examples/logger_example LoggerExample.java

on 9/9/01 12:26 AM, "geirm@apache.org" <ge...@apache.org> wrote:

> +
> +    /**
> +     *  Required init method for LogSystem
> +     *  to get access to RuntimeServices
> +     */
> +     public void init( RuntimeServices rs )
> +     {
> +         return;
> +     }

This commit has tabs in it.

Geir, in BBEdit, you can turn of tabs by doing this:

Edit->Preferences->Editor Defaults->Auto-Expand Tabs (make it checked)

-jon

Re: cvs commit: jakarta-velocity/examples/logger_example LoggerExample.java

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>.
On 9/9/01 11:16 AM, "Jon Stevens" <jo...@latchkey.com> wrote:

> on 9/9/01 2:06 PM, "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net> wrote:
>
>> I have a love-hate relationship with this iBook right now.  The above falls
>> on the 'love' side :)
>>
>> Anyone have any problems using IE under the 10.0.4 accessing localhost?  I
>> tried to hit tomcat, and it said it couldn't.  When I did it with telnet and
>> typed in the request, it worked fine.
>>
>> geir
>
> Nope. I haven't had any problems. What does:
>
> nslookup localhost
>
> return?
>
> Also, you have to remember to put in a port number if Tomcat is running on a
> port other than 80.
>
>   http://localhost:8080/
>
> Also, another decent browser to try is the Opera browser. You may like it
> better than IE.
>
> Hope that helps.

Thanks.

I love Opera (for Linux) - will try on OSX.

I did just get it to work - I am now connected via dialup, so on a lark, I
tried the dialup IP and all is fine.

There is this notion of 'location' - maybe I didn't have the location set to
'nothing' (an entry with no devices) it made a difference?  Something to
test this evening after dinner.

Off to the beach again...

Have a good
System and Software Consulting
If you look up, there are no limits - Japanese Proverb

Re: cvs commit: jakarta-velocity/examples/logger_example LoggerExample.java

Posted by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>.

Posted by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>.
On 9/9/01 10:04 AM, "Jon Stevens" <jo...@latchkey.com> wrote:

> on 9/9/01 12:26 AM, "geirm@apache.org" <ge...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> +
>> +    /**
>> +     *  Required init method for LogSystem
>> +     *  to get access to RuntimeServices
>> +     */
>> +     public void init( RuntimeServices rs )
>> +     {
>> +         return;
>> +     }
>
> This commit has tabs in it.