Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Joe Nathan <jo...@yahoo.com> on 2007/06/26 01:02:34 UTC

Axis and resource management

I think most will host both SOAP and Servlets together using Tomcat+Axis. In
addition, most will have running environmental resources such as database
connections, files, etc. Currently, we ended up with two separate rources
managers. This is a highly undesirable situation! It should be better if we
can serve Servlets and SOAPs together using a single resources manager.

In addition, Axis returns URL which is not actual location for the following
call;

  URL url = xx.getClassLoader().getResource("??????");

This should return actual .jar or .aar path names!

Regards.