Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Robert Muir <rc...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/14 22:48:05 UTC

Welcome Christian Moen as committer

I'm pleased to announce that Christian Moen has joined our ranks as a committer.

He has been contributing to our language capabilities, especially
filling the gap for the Japanese language.

Christian, its tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.

I think your SVN access is already configured, so you should also be
able to add yourself to the committers list on the website as well.

Congratulations!

--
lucidimagination.com

Re: Welcome Christian Moen as committer

Posted by Dawid Weiss <da...@cs.put.poznan.pl>.
Welcome Christian!
Dawid

Posted by Martijn v Groningen <ma...@gmail.com>.
Welcome Christian!

Martijn

On 14 February 2012 23:01, Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com> wrote:
> Welcome Christian!
>
> Mike McCandless
>
> http://blog.mikemccandless.com
>
> On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 4:48 PM, Robert Muir <rc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm pleased to announce that Christian Moen has joined our ranks as a committer.
>>
>> He has been contributing to our language capabilities, especially
>> filling the gap for the Japanese language.
>>
>> Christian, its tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>>
>> I think your SVN access is already configured, so you should also be
>> able to add yourself to the committers list on the website as well.
>>
>> Congratulations!
>>
>> --
>> lucidimagination.com

Met vriendelijke groet,

Martijn van Groningen

Re: Welcome Christian Moen as committer

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.
Welcome Christian!

Posted by "David Smiley (@MITRE.org)" <DS...@mitre.org>.
A belated welcome Christian!  (I'm new too)

-----
 Author: http://www.packtpub.com/apache-solr-3-enterprise-search-server/book

Re: Welcome Christian Moen as committer

Posted by Christian Moen <cm...@atilika.com>.
Thanks a lot for the kind words and the warm welcome!

My background is from FAST (now Microsoft) and I've been working on the ESP search engine for about five years at FAST's R&D headquarters in Norway.  I relocated to FAST's Japan office in 2005 and I've been helping selling and delivering search solutions to Japanese businesses for another five years.

I started my own company Japan a couple of years ago and now we're a small team of engineers working in the field of search, natural language processing and big data, doing a combination of consulting and own product development.  We are very enthusiastic users and promoters of ASF open source software.

I made the goal of building a new Japanese morphological analyzer and donating it to the Apache Software Foundation 1-2 years ago in order to promote Lucene and Solr in Japan by making it very easy to search Japanese text in an attractive way.  Kuromoji is now available on trunk and we'll get Japanese supported out-of-the-box in 3.6 and 4.0.

I'd like to thank Robert Muir, Uwe Schindler, Simon Willnauer and Mike McCandless for their excellent work improving Kuromoji, giving me guidance and for reviewing patches.  I'd also like to extend a very special thanks to Masaru Hasegawa for his work on Kuromoji.  Kuromoji wouldn't be here without his contribution (and I wouldn't have been nominated as a committer, either.)

Overall, I'd like to apply my experience building search platforms, Japanese linguistics and delivering search solutions to further improve and promote Lucene/Solr.  I'm a big believer in ease-of-use and making things work out-of-the-box.

Outside of work, I enjoy indulging in the many culinary pleasures Tokyo has to offer, doing a bit of running now and then, playing 囲碁 and tinkering with computers.  I'm also doing some non-profit work for a business organization that promotes trade relations between Norway and Japan.

Best,
Christian

Posted by Chris Male <ge...@gmail.com>.
Welcome

Chris Male | Software Developer | DutchWorks | www.dutchworks.nl

RE: Welcome Christian Moen as committer

Posted by Steven A Rowe <sa...@syr.edu>.
Welcome Christian!

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@gmail.com>.
Yay!!!   Welcome Christian.  A great asset to the Lucene community!

	Erik

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Welcome!

Posted by Koji Sekiguchi <ko...@r.email.ne.jp>.
Welcome Christian!

koji

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
Welcome Christian!
Tommaso

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>.
Congrats Christian!

-Yonik
lucidimagination.com

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.
Welcome Christian! This is great news for the Lucene community.

Jan, the other Norwegian guy

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.
Hey welcome, great work with Kumoroji!

Uwe