Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Marcus Breier <ma...@googlemail.com> on 2006/07/02 16:52:21 UTC

ContentViewer page location procedure

Dear all,

the ContentViewer portlet shipping with Jetspeed 2.0 locates linked
(sub-)pages by following URL:

"http://localhost:8080/jetspeed/portals/_content/Constitution.html"

It seems to me, that this page location only works, when the HTML files
are stored to the folder "demo/WEB-INF/_content".

Is there anybody out there, who can explain the procedure to find the
file stated above to me?

Thanks for help ... Best regards

Marcus

Re: ContentViewer page location procedure

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Marcus Breier wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> the ContentViewer portlet shipping with Jetspeed 2.0 locates linked
> (sub-)pages by following URL:
>
> "http://localhost:8080/jetspeed/portals/_content/Constitution.html"
>
> It seems to me, that this page location only works, when the HTML files
> are stored to the folder "demo/WEB-INF/_content".
>
> Is there anybody out there, who can explain the procedure to find the
> file stated above to me?

I see the problem, and yes, html files are mapping directly to
/Public/content.psml. And on this page, it has a portlet from the demo
application. The behavior is built into the profiler (see
PathSessionResolver.java). If you need to map to another PSML page, you
will need to enhance the profiler. I would like to see a configurable
mapping from regex expressions or paths to psml files. Another scenario
we've considered is placing html files directly in the PSML directory
tree. Im open to input on this, as I have a need for this feature as
well. In one of my projects here, I override the PathSessionResolver and
  have custom mappings hard-coded into the java. These custom mappings
dont change often, so it works for me. However I think we can solve this
  with a better, more generic solution for the community