Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> on 2013/07/25 22:26:34 UTC

[INFO] Towards EIK 0.10.0 release

Hi guys,

We have more and more users on EIK 0.9.0 and they are complaining about
some major issues. The Jira have been created.

Just after the first Cave release, I will work on these issues in
preparation of the next EIK release.

I will cleanup the EIK svn as some branches have been created without
usage (per Eclipse release).
I should be able to send the EIK release vote e-mail over the week end.

Any objections ?

Thanks,
Regards
JB
--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: [INFO] Towards EIK 0.10.0 release

Posted by Stephen Evanchik <ev...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jb,

Thanks. In addition to the Juno updates (which are very simple) I have the
following patches which  make EIK usable again:

Stephen Evanchik (9):
      launcher: Make resilient to missing Karaf model
      project: Make methods perform a single task
      project: Disable create Launch Configuration
      project: Formatting and String literal cleanup
      model: Move findActivePlatformModel to UI project
      nls: Adding NON-NLS tags to this file
      project: Display Karaf details in Project Explorer
      launch: Karaf does not work inside Eclipse
      cleanup: Removing compilation warnings

I can commit this to a Helios/Indigo branch which should resolve some of
the problems.

The diffstat for the Juno enablement shows how easy the update is to get
Juno working:

 parent/pom.xml
|    6 -
 plugins/org.apache.karaf.eik.ui/src/main/java/org/apache/karaf/eik/ui/internal/KarafLaunchUtils.java
|   11 +-
 plugins/org.apache.karaf.eik.ui/src/main/java/org/apache/karaf/eik/ui/project/KarafProjectBuilder.java
|   40 +++++-----

Once you have an Helios/Indigo branch with the proper history I can push
this to trunk, push the project fixes to trunk and the Helios/Indigo branch.

Stephen

On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 8:51 PM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>wrote:

> Thanks for the update Stephen.
>
> I gonna deal with that you mentioned.
>
> Thanks again.
>
> Regards
> JB
>

> On 07/25/2013 11:05 PM, Stephen Evanchik wrote:
>
>> Hi JB,
>>
>> Within the last two weeks I committed several changes to the EIK Juno
>> branch. These changes enable EIK against Juno and Kepler and fix a lot of
>> bugs which prevent  EIK from launching Karaf.
>>
>> There are several other problems which need to be dealt wtih:
>>
>>   - trunk/master should be where Juno support resides as well as any
>> future
>> feature work
>>   - branches/{helios,indigo} should be where the existing head + my fixes
>> should reside
>>   - CI should be setup for both streams (> Juno, <= Indigo)
>>   - branches/* should have the correct history so that merges are not
>> difficult
>>
>> There were many fixes to EIK that live in github which did not make it in
>> to the Apache repository. Some of them are less important than others.
>>
>> Stephen
>>

>> On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 4:26 PM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb@nanthrax.net
>> >wrote:
>>
>>  Hi guys,
>>>
>>> We have more and more users on EIK 0.9.0 and they are complaining about
>>> some major issues. The Jira have been created.
>>>
>>> Just after the first Cave release, I will work on these issues in
>>> preparation of the next EIK release.
>>>
>>> I will cleanup the EIK svn as some branches have been created without
>>> usage (per Eclipse release).
>>> I should be able to send the EIK release vote e-mail over the week end.
>>>
>>> Any objections ?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Regards

--