Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de> on 2000/09/26 13:16:46 UTC

Re: File IO with Embperl

> I can't seem to do any file input or output with embedded perl. Is this
> possible? I read through the FAQ and couldn't find anything on this topic.
Thank
> you for your time!

There is no limitation on file i/o inside Embperl, but there is a feature
that converts input that is made by html editors back into correct perl
code. Therefore when you read from a filehandle with the <FH> operator,
Embperl thinks that this is a html tag and removes it. So either write
&lt;FH&gt or set the flag optRawInput in EMBPERL_OPTIONS.

Read more about this in the FAQ under Escaping and Unescaping.

Hope this helps

Gerald

P.S. Please send further questions to the embperl mailing list, so others
can participate