Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Antoine Pitrou <an...@python.org> on 2021/10/01 07:18:30 UTC

Re: [Rust] Heads up: RUSTSEC security advisory against arrow-rs

In C++ we have dedicated validation routines that can be used against
untrusted input. (*)  We also have fuzzing set up using OSS-Fuzz to
validate that invalid input cannot crash the IPC reader.

(*)
https://github.com/apache/arrow/blob/master/cpp/src/arrow/array/validate.h

Posted by Andrew Lamb <al...@influxdata.com>.
To finish up this thread, the rustsec advisory has been updated:
https://github.com/rustsec/advisory-db/pull/1131

Posted by Andrew Lamb <al...@influxdata.com>.

Posted by Andrew Lamb <al...@influxdata.com>.

Posted by Andrew Lamb <al...@influxdata.com>.