Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Paul Libbrecht <pa...@activemath.org> on 2010/11/09 11:46:59 UTC

Lucene index exchange format?

hello list,

more and more I seem to encounter situations where the delivery of a prebuilt lucene index is desirable.

The binary format probably works (experience hints would be welcome) but I fear it would be fragile with versioning (it certainly fails at version-downgrading).

Did anyone work on a lucene import-export format? Something like XML that would load fairly fast provided I/O goes fast?

thanks in advance

paul

Re: Lucene index exchange format?

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
You can do this in trunk right now using the Codec capability.  In fact, there is a text version already, but it is likely to be really slow on anything significant.  You could likely produce something that is faster but still readable.