Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Rob Sharp <ro...@boringbutgood.com> on 2008/08/03 00:31:55 UTC

Subject line still getting changed

Evening all,

I have an email account on a shared server at Hostgator. I have
configured SpamAssassin via their Cpanel interface not to rewrite the
subject line when flagging an item as spam. However, this flagging still
seems to be happening.

All messages that SA determines as spammy has [SPAM] prefixed to the
subject line.

I have manually overridden report_safe to 0.

Can someone please tell me what other directives control the subject
line rewriting?

X-Spam-Checker-Version says version=3.3.0-r613124 , however, that seems
like a newer version that currently available on the SA website!?!?

Rob

Re: Subject line still getting changed

Posted by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>.
On 04.08.08 11:47, Rob Sharp wrote:
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
>
> >>All messages that SA determines as spammy has [SPAM] prefixed to the
> >>subject line.
> >
> >there's header rewriting set up somwehere.
>
> My Host just told me to add "rewrite_subject 0" into my user_prefs. I
> think they actually mean rewrite_header. I've just added it, and now
> need to wait for a spammy message to arrive to give it a test.

rewrite_subject was an option in 2.x I think.

see Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf for rewrite_header options

Enter any 12-digit prime number to continue.

Re: Subject line still getting changed

Posted by Rob Sharp <ro...@boringbutgood.com>.
Thanks for the reply.

Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:

>> All messages that SA determines as spammy has [SPAM] prefixed to the
>> subject line.
>
> there's header rewriting set up somwehere.

My Host just told me to add "rewrite_subject 0" into my user_prefs. I
think they actually mean rewrite_header. I've just added it, and now
need to wait for a spammy message to arrive to give it a test.

>> I have manually overridden report_safe to 0.
>
> That's a different parameter.

I thought I'd mention it since it was the only thing I had changed
from the default and didnt know if it had any bearing.

Posted by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>.
On 02.08.08 23:31, Rob Sharp wrote:
> I have an email account on a shared server at Hostgator. I have
> configured SpamAssassin via their Cpanel interface not to rewrite the
> subject line when flagging an item as spam. However, this flagging still
> seems to be happening.
>
> All messages that SA determines as spammy has [SPAM] prefixed to the
> subject line.

there's header rewriting set up somwehere.

> I have manually overridden report_safe to 0.

That's a different parameter.

> Can someone please tell me what other directives control the subject
> line rewriting?

search config files (system and user's) for rewrite_header option.

> X-Spam-Checker-Version says version=3.3.0-r613124 , however, that seems
> like a newer version that currently available on the SA website!?!?

a beta probably...
REALITY.SYS corrupted. Press any key to reboot Universe.