Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Adam Lally <al...@alum.rpi.edu> on 2006/11/21 17:40:16 UTC

Posting JavaDocs on website

I'd like to post JavaDocs for all our source code on our website.
I've got the Maven javadoc build working, though I want to organize it
a little better.

I think we don't want these JavaDocs in SVN for uima-website.  (I
found one thread in the incubator-general archives indicating that
this is an allowable exception to the "website must be in SVN" rule:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/200510.mbox/%3c20051021011723.GB26551@igg.indexgeo.com.au%3e.)

So when I'm ready I'll just scp the javadocs over to people.apache.org
and adjust our website to link to them.  Agreed?

-Adam

Re: Posting JavaDocs on website

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
+1 to not putting into svn.

+1 to having some kind of automation for insuring generated JavaDocs are
put on the web site.

Posted by Adam Lally <al...@alum.rpi.edu>.

Posted by Michael Baessler <mb...@michael-baessler.de>.
Adam Lally wrote:
> I'd like to post JavaDocs for all our source code on our website.
> I've got the Maven javadoc build working, though I want to organize it
> a little better.
>
> I think we don't want these JavaDocs in SVN for uima-website.  (I
> found one thread in the incubator-general archives indicating that
> this is an allowable exception to the "website must be in SVN" rule:
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/200510.mbox/%3c20051021011723.GB26551@igg.indexgeo.com.au%3e.)
>

> So when I'm ready I'll just scp the javadocs over to people.apache.org
> and adjust our website to link to them.  Agreed?
>
> -Adam

Agreed, but how often do we update the JavaDocs? Is it not sufficient to
have them on the web site for the current published release?

--Michael