Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Denis Gerasimov <de...@vekos.ru> on 2004/12/17 09:27:14 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache2 and xinetd

Hello,

Did I understand correctly that Apache 2 cannot run under xinetd?
(http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/en/upgrading.html)

Will this feature be implemented in future releases?

Best regards, Denis Gerasimov
Outsourcing Services Manager,
VEKOS, Ltd.
www.vekos.ru

Re: [users@httpd] Apache2 and xinetd

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 11:27:14 +0300, Denis Gerasimov
<de...@vekos.ru> wrote:
> Did I understand correctly that Apache 2 cannot run under xinetd?
> (http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/en/upgrading.html)

Yes.

> Will this feature be implemented in future releases?

Only if someone cares to write it.  It shouldn't be too complicated to
write an mpm that launches from (x)inetd.  But this is not a feature
that interests many people.  It is just too darn slow.

Joshua.

Re: [users@httpd] Database connection problem :(

Posted by Jeff White <jl...@earthlink.net>.
From: "kaav ram"

> I am trying to write a program
> to connect to a database(MSAccess)
> using CGI. the program works fine if
> i run it in the commandline with perl (sans
> the print statements involving html of course).
> But when i run it from the server, on explorer,
> it gives internal server error. the error  log
> records:

Change the below to Perl  :)

First

<quote>

Snip

This article discusses the complications
that developers may face, offers alternatives
to Automation that can speed performance,
and suggests ways to configure Office if
server-side Automation is unavoidable.
Developers should be aware, however,
that the suggestions provided below are
for informational purposes only. Microsoft
does not recommend or support server-side
Automation of Office.

</quote>

INFO: Considerations for Server-Side Automation of Office
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q257757/

Here is a link about MSAccess
and .NET C# CGI.

Exam results on Web using C#
http://winsolutions.port5.com/art03a.html

And here are some Windows Scripting
MSAccess links:

VBScript ADO Programming
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/ado270/htm/mdmscadoinvbscript.asp

How To Connect an HTML Page
to a Microsoft Access Database
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];308459

A More Robust ASP Example Using ADO
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dnbegvb/html/amorerobustaspexampleusingado.asp

VBScript Gets the Data and HTML Displays it
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dnbegvb/html/vbscriptgetsdatahtmldisplaysit.asp

Data Access Technologies
Office 2000 and Database Engines
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/office/2000/all/reskit/en-us/10t3_1.mspx

Key Differences Between Visual Basic for Applications and VBScript
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dninvbs/html/keydifferencesbetweenvisualbasicforapplicationsvbscript.asp

<quote>

For a complete list of Visual Basic
features that are not supported in
VBScript, see the Visual Basic for
Applications documentation.

</quote>

Translating to VBScript
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/com/htm/ctrans_3vxw.asp

And here is an ASP and MSAccess link
http://groups-beta.google.com/groups?q=MSAccess+ASP+group%3Amicrosoft.public.scripting.*&Submit3=Search+Groups

Jeff

Re: [users@httpd] Database connection problem :(

Posted by Sean T Allen <se...@usaherbals.com>.
Sounds like some sort of permission problem with the dsn...