Posted to discuss@apachecon.com by Shane Curcuru <sh...@yahoo.com> on 2003/10/13 23:20:14 UTC

Did you know? Interesting Stuff around ApacheCon

As often happens with an all-volunteer organization, there's a lot of nifty
stuff happening around ApacheCon, although it's not always obvious where to
find out about it.

Did you know that you can still get an Early Bird DISCOUNT to the 'con as
long as you register by October 19th?

Along with the published Sessions at the con, there are other events
happening too!

Did you know you can attend parts of Comdex for free with your ApacheCon
badge?  And that the ASF needs volunteers to staff a booth at the Comdex
Open Source & Linux track? To volunteer to staff a booth, contact Sally at
<ma...@apache.org>
See Comdex details
at:  http://www.comdex.com/lasvegas2003/exhib/themes/?s=open_source

Did you know that we're scheduling the first ApacheCon Lightning
Talks?  "If you can't say it in 5 minutes, it's probably not worth
saying."  To sign up to say something useful (but brief - there will be a 5
minute timer) contact Rich at <ma...@rcbowen.com>

Did you know that we're organizing a PGP/GPG key signing event?  If you
want to see how the 'web of trust' of Apache committers is built, stay
tuned for the timing details, and check out the CVS module 'committers' and
read the file docs/pgp-key-signing.txt

Did you know that the Alexis Park Hotel has a pretty good discounted rate
if you mention the 'con?  And that it is expected to sell out (other people
stay there too) so you'd better get your reservations now.

Oh, and of course, all the details of ApacheCon are laid out here:
http://www.apachecon.com/2003/US/index.html

- Shane,
Not an AC planner, just playing one on the Internet.
P.S. If one of the *real* superheroes who is an AC planner wants me to shut
up now, just let me know.  ;-)

Re: Did you know? Interesting Stuff around ApacheCon

Posted by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com>.
and did you know that there's a wiki for apachecon, at
http://ApacheCon.Com/wiki/ -- just waiting to record
people sharing their comments, suggestions, tips, and
complaints?

NOTE: the wiki currently allows anyone to edit pages.
that access will at some point require that you use your
apachecon account credentials to make changes.
--
#ken	P-)}

"Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Re: Did you know? Interesting Stuff around ApacheCon

Posted by Tetsuya Kitahata <te...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 17:20:14 -0400
Shane Curcuru <sh...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Did you know that we're organizing a PGP/GPG key signing event?  If you
> want to see how the 'web of trust' of Apache committers is built, stay
> tuned for the timing details, and check out the CVS module 'committers' and
> read the file docs/pgp-key-signing.txt

Great! Nice idea.

Can I deposit my pgp/gpg-key to anyone who will attend to the great
event? (deputy?)
I will be in Tokyo at the height of the event (ApacheCon),
so that I will not be able to participate in.

Also, I would be very glad if anyone give me nice
"Happy Birthday, Tetsuya" mail, from the venue of ApacheCon.

Sincerely,

-- Tetsuya. (tetsuya@apache.org)

Re: Did you know? Interesting Stuff around ApacheCon

Posted by Sally Khudairi <sa...@yahoo.com>.
Shane, never -- don't even joke about it -- "shut up".

You're doing a fantastic job and we appreciate all
your efforts, as well as everyone who is helping
spread the word as well as rolling up their sleeves to
help us out.

Folks, Shane is right: we're all-volunteer and could
use your help in any way possible. Let's make
ApacheCon even better than it already is!

Per below, we still need help with COMDEX-Apache
liaison. If you haven't contacted me yet, please do
so. Thanks!

See you in Las Vegas :-D

- Sally

=====
Registered Yet? http://www.apachecon.com/
mobile +1.617.921.8656
vox +1.781.772.1484

Re: Did you know? Interesting Stuff around ApacheCon

Posted by Sally Khudairi <sa...@yahoo.com>.

=====

http://shopping.yahoo.com