Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Sherman Mohler <sm...@ciscolearning.org> on 2004/09/24 00:07:57 UTC

Internationalization/Localization of Jetspeed

Folks,

Sorry to bother you, but I am looking for a potential portal solution
that could be used in Arabic countries. How well do you think Jetspeed 1
or 2 would lend itself to Arabic (UTF plus right-left challenges)?

Kind Regards,

-- Sherman Mohler
    Systems Engineer
    Cisco Learning Institute

Re: Internationalization/Localization of Jetspeed

Posted by Youssef Mohammed <yo...@gmail.com>.
Jetspeed 1 is working fine with arabic,
I worked last year in a 10-month project that uses jetspeed for
arabic/english portal and It was going fine.

If you have specific question ,  I would be glad to  help

Regards ,

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 15:07:57 -0700, Sherman Mohler
<sm...@ciscolearning.org> wrote:
> Folks,
>
> Sorry to bother you, but I am looking for a potential portal solution
> that could be used in Arabic countries. How well do you think Jetspeed 1
> or 2 would lend itself to Arabic (UTF plus right-left challenges)?
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> -- Sherman Mohler
>     Systems Engineer
>     Cisco Learning Institute

Regards, Youssef

Re: Internationalization/Localization of Jetspeed

Posted by Shinsuke SUGAYA <sh...@yahoo.co.jp>.
Hi,

I'm testing/fixing Jetspeed i18n/l10n problems.
I think Jetspeed can handle UTF-8 string.
If you find i18n issue, please file a bug.
I'll look into it. But, currently, as for
right-left, I do not take care of it...

Thanks,
  shinsuke