Posted to dev@pdfbox.apache.org by Maruan Sahyoun <sa...@fileaffairs.de> on 2013/05/14 18:33:10 UTC

PDFBox 2.0 - Parsing

Hi,

I'd like to look at the parsing part for PDFBox 2.0. As Timo suggested there are also ideas in changing/refactoring the COS model. As this might affect the parsing part how can we agree on an enhanced model. What are the ides floating around?

BR
Maruan Sahyoun

Re: PDFBox 2.0 - Parsing

Posted by Timo Boehme <ti...@ontochem.com>.
Hi,

the main point for me would be that the object model should support an
on-demand loading/parsing of objects. This would speed-up the parsing
and reduce needed memory if only specific information is needed from PDF
(specific page, only form data etc.).

Best regards,
Timo

--