Posted to dev@syncope.apache.org by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org> on 2016/11/02 10:25:08 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] Enduser further improvements

On 31/10/2016 18:38, andrea wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I want to take only few minutes of your time to discuss about Enduser
> Console improvements.
> At the moment issues about Enduser are almost done, we developed all
> self-management features and we also have a good IT testing machine.
>
> How can we go further?
>
> The following are some improvements that could be applied, but they
> should not be the only!
>
> - oauth2 authentication

Let 's say something for hooking into the authentication process, where
OAuth2 is one of the pre-available hooks, beyond plain username / password.

> - support for the most spoken languages in the world

Well, this would be good anyway, but we'll need support for native
speakers (as for the admin console), so not sure if it makes sense at
all to plan for that.

> - replace Wicket captcha with Google re-Captcha

I would say more to add support for easily enabling Google re-Captcha,
besides keeping Wicket captcha anyway available.

> - HTML templating

This would be definitely great, don't know if Angular ships with
something helping in this direction.

> Do you have other proposals?

Refactoring to Angular 2, now that it is definitely out? (For Syncope >=
2.1.0, naturally...)

Regards.

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

Tirasa - Open Source Excellence
http://www.tirasa.net/

http://home.apache.org/~ilgrosso/

Re: [DISCUSS] Enduser further improvements

Posted by Matteo Di Carlo <ma...@tirasa.net>.
Hi,
implementing Sign-In through different providers as Facebook, Google+,
Linkedin, Twitter looks a great improvement to me. It allows to use
secure authorization and maybe users will be able to import data easily.
About languages, we verified German correctness with a native German
speaker and translator, so actually, as Francesco suggests I would
continue with these three languages. Adding more will be quite wick.

What is the advantage to use Google reCaptcha instead of Wicket captcha?
Is it necessary to keep both? We could see what is the right one to use.

Update tests: breadcrumb behavior changed and few links were added:
these navigation functionalities are not tested yet.

Matteo.

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.

--
Francesco Chicchiricc�

Posted by Giacomo Lamonaco <gi...@apache.org>.

--
Giacomo Lamonaco

Tirasa - Open Source Excellence
http://www.tirasa.net/

Syncope committer
http://home.apache.org/~giacomolm

Re: [DISCUSS] Enduser further improvements

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.

--
Francesco Chicchiricc�

Posted by Giacomo Lamonaco <gi...@apache.org>.