Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr> on 2015/04/13 04:46:00 UTC

Re: Apache Maven JDeps Plugin

last week, during DevoxxFR, Arnaud and I showed maven-jdeps-plugin: as
expected, a lot of users didn't know about this tool
So for sure, having this plugin and a report would help

Then there is the question of: what should the report look like?
Should it be a simple stdout dump of command line result? ugly...

During DevoxxFR, I saw a graph of Java modules dependencies: having a report
putting info on this graph could really be more expressive than console.

Is there an html report available for jdeps?
Should we parse text output to work on a graphic report? (seems hard...)

Regards,

Hervé

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
Or maybe just integrate http://www.graphdracula.net/showcase/ into the html
report and let people drag the graph to their needs. Note that the site
also lists similar projects providing similar functionality, so worth
checking out either way

Posted by Alan Bateman <Al...@oracle.com>.