Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Eric <sp...@t10.net> on 2005/02/28 06:35:51 UTC

Amazon is killing me....

I have spamassassin running on a debian box:
ii  spamassassin   2.64-1         Perl-based spam filter using text analysis
ii  spamc          2.64-1         Client for perl-based spam filtering
daemon
it's being invoked via qmailscanner.

I have the following in my /etc/spamassassin/local.cf file:
whitelist_from *@amazon.com
whitelist_from *@a2zgiftcerts.amazon.com

Yet, gift certificates from Amazon keep getting blocked:

Sun, 27 Feb 2005 13:21:45 MST   gc-orders@a2zgiftcerts.amazon.com
jltheiss@xxxx.net  Stephen and Michael sent you
 an Amazon.com Gift Certificate!        Disallowed content found in MIME
attachment - potential virus   clamdscan: 0.75. spa
massassin: 2.64.

Sat, 26 Feb 2005 20:21:48 MST   gc-orders@a2zgiftcerts.amazon.com
tbiglen@xxxx.net   Tom and Audrey sent you an A
mazon.com Gift Certificate!     Disallowed content found in MIME
attachment - potential virus   clamdscan: 0.75. spamassassi
n: 2.64.

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Eric

Re: Amazon is killing me....

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@kluge.net>.
On Sun, Feb 27, 2005 at 09:52:05PM -0800, Loren Wilton wrote:
> Sure sounds like a problem with the ClamAV setup rather than SA to me.
> Nothing in what you show indicates that SA even ever saw the messages.

Also, FYI, amazon is in the SA default whitelist.

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
"Bender, I don't care whether you have money. I love you for your artificial

Re: Amazon is killing me....

Posted by Loren Wilton <lw...@earthlink.net>.
>Disallowed content found in MIME
> attachment - potential virus   clamdscan:

Sure sounds like a problem with the ClamAV setup rather than SA to me.
Nothing in what you show indicates that SA even ever saw the messages.

        Loren

RE: Amazon is killing me....

Posted by "C. Bensend" <be...@bennyvision.com>.
> Doesn't look like spamassassin. I think maybe you should look at your
> Clamv
> virus attachment config http://www.clamav.net/ or call the guy you laid
> off
> who setup the clam av filter. :-)

I believe that is qmail-scanner that's complaining about the MIME
stuff.  The OP needs to dive into qmail-scanner's config and/or
check with their mailing list.

Benny

--
"So scary, Steven King shiat his pants."
                                                -- Photoshop contest, Fark

RE: Amazon is killing me....

Posted by Greg Allen <ga...@netrox.net>.